Chapter 5- Four Star Review

Chapter 5
To: Marinette <mari.d-c3@gmail.com>
From: Chat Noir <chaton.noir@gmail.com>
Subject: Hi
Hi! So this is the email that I made. Do you go by Mari?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: Chat Noir <chaton.noir@gmail.com>
From: Marinette <mari.d-c3@gmail.com>
Subject: Hey
Hey I found it! I sometimes go by Mari, my friends call me that, so you can call me that if you like. Can I call you chaton?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: Marinette <mari.d-c3@gmail.com>
From: Chat Noir <chaton.noir@gmail.com>
Subject: IM?
I think I'll stick with calling you princess, but you can call me Chaton if you want. It wasn't my first choice but Chat.noir@gmail.com was already taken which is kind of rude. (So was chatnoirissexy@gmail.com.) Also I think it might be better in the long run if we IM instead of just email, I'm going to set one up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: Chat Noir <chaton.noir@gmail.com>
From: Marinette <mari.d-c3@gmail.com>
Subject: sleep
Okay you do that- I'm going to bed cause I have a chem test tomorrow, i'll IM you in the morning. Good night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marinette was happier than she cared to admit that Chat had actually emailed her back, though she was a bit surprised at how quickly he did it. Maybe he lived close by so he got home quickly? No stop it Marrinette, she thought to herself, you can't know who he is it's against the rules.
    Tikki had finally come out of the hiding spot she had gone into when Chat had originally knocked on the trap door, and she was sitting on Marinette's pillow reading the emails from over her shoulder.
    "Tikki, do you think this is dangerous? I mean what if he recognises me as Ladybug. I mean if he is spending time with both of us- me- ugh, you know what
I mean, won't he notice. I mean it's not like the boy is blind." Marinette said nervously as she waited for Chat to set up the IM's.
    "Marinette, you worry too much. I don't think he is going to recognise you, I mean he hasn't yet!" Tikki said, "I mean at least not in the couple days you have been spending time with each other."
    "I guess, I just... I don't think I'm ready for him to know yet." Marinette said, Tikki nodded and kissed Marinette's forehead.
    "I understand, besides it's safer for both of you not to know. You should go to bed." Tikki said.
    Marinette nodded in agreement before closing her laptop and going to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marinette woke up to the sound of her phone buzzing with a message, she was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a message from Chat. Actually it was 5messages sent in rapid succession.
Chat- Morning princess!
Chat- Princess?
Chat- Mari?
Chat- Wake up!
Chat- you can't miss school anymore, remember?
Marinette giggled at the texts before responding.
Mari- I'm up! I don't need you to be my alarm
Chat- Did I wake you up though?
Marinette glared at her phone.
Mari- No comment
Chat- That's a yes.
She laughed again before getting out of bed to get ready for the day. As much as she hated to admit it he was right, she really couldn't be late to school anymore, or at least not unless she really had to be. She went to her bathroom to brush her teeth and put her hair up into her classic pigtails before going to her closet to pick out her outfit for the day. She picked out her outfit for the day- a solid pink sweatshirt tucked into a black skirt with her baby pink doc martens. She also opted for pink hair ties instead of her usual red ones. She glanced at her phone to see that Chat had messaged her again.
Chat- Are you getting ready for school?
Chat- Do you want a lift?
Mari- what? What do you mean?
Chat- Do you want me to take you to school? I happened to have a sweet ride...
Mari- can you even drive?
Chat- That's irrelevant.
Mari- that's a no
Chat- I'm coming to pick you up.
Chat- Let me know when you are ready.
Marinette, still confused on how he intended to take her to school without being able to drive, went downstairs to grab 2 croissants from the bakery for her and Chat for breakfast. She looked at the time and realised that for what might be the first time in her life she was going to be early for school. Sabie and Tom had left early that morning because they were going to the accountants office as they were in the process of refinancing the bakery.
Mari- I'm ready whenever you are let me know when you get here
Chat- Okay I'm on my way.
    Marinette waited in her room, using the couple of minutes that she had while waiting for Chat to do a little bit of sketching. After a couple of minutes she heard a tapping on her roof, and she went to open the trap door.
    "Hey Princess! How are you this lovely morning?" Chat asked excitedly, helping her up to the roof.
    "Well it is entirely too early for you to be this excited but I'm fine." Marinette saud, "I brought you a croissant."
    "You are my favorite person to ever exists." Chat said as he took the croissant from her and took a bite, groaning at how good it was. "Don't tell Ladybug I said that."
    Marinette internally cringed, feeling guilty for the lie that she was telling him. No, she told herself, she wasn't lying, she just wasn't sharing unnecessary information. Ladybug was allowed to have a private life too. She and Ladybug just so happened to be the same person but for the moment that little detail was irrelevant.
"Earth to Marinette?" Chat said waving his hand in front of her face, snapping her back to reality. "You okay?"
Marinette laughed awkwardly, "yeah I'm fine it's just... to early." She gave an exaggerated yawn to prove her point.
"Oh come on it's not that early!" Chat said, "plus this way you can get to school on time."
Marinette laughed lightly, "Don't jinx it kitty, anyways there is this 'sweet ride?'"
Chat held up his staff, smiling, "right here!"
Marinette laughed, "no seriously do you have a car or something?"
"I am serious," Chat said pouting, "come on it's perfectly safe I use it to get around Paris all the time!"
"And the brian damage shows," Marinette said playfully.
"Rude." Chat said, "Are you afraid of heights or something? Cause if it's that don't worry, I'll make sure you don't fall."
"It's not that, I actually like heights, it's just..." Marinette trailed off trying to think of a good excuse to get out of this obviously bad idea.
"Come on, don't you trust me?" Chat asked holding out his hand.
"Of course I trust you, just... fine." Marinette said wrapping her arms around his neck, "be warned if you drop me, I will not hesitate to drop kick you into tomorrow."
Chat laughed, "fair enough." Then he pressed a button on his staff and they shot directly up into the air. Marietta squealed and clung onto Chat as they flew, it wasn't that she wasn't used to flying around Paris, she was, she just liked it better on her terms. However after a few seconds, when she realized that he definitely wasn't going to drop her she opened her eyes and looked around. This is actually kinda fun, she thought.
After a few minutes they arrived at Marinettes school, and they dropped to the ground. Chat let Marinette steady herself on him as he looked at her expectedly.
"Okay fine, it wasn't that bad." She said rolling her eyes.
Chat laughed and said, "I'll take it."
"I'll leave you a good review, a full four stars."
"Four stars?! Why only four?"
"No refreshments," Mariette said with a shrug.
"No refreshments? You just got flown through Paris by a superhero!"
"And I'm parched, but I'll bump
it to four and a half because you save Paris sometimes." Marinette said and winked as she started to walk away. She glanced over her shoulder for just a moment to say, "Thanks for the ride."
"Anytime Princess." He called after her, then turned to head back to his house to get his own ride to school. "No refreshments. Ridiculous."

Word  Count- 1400
A/N- yeah it's been a minute since I updated, my bad. Also vote and comment if you like the story.