Chapter 15

"Charlie, Charlie, Charlie," a small human jumped on top of me. I rolled over to my back and saw Maria sitting on top of me.

"Good morning, munchkin," I tickled Maria, who burst into a fit of laughter. I sat up and continued tickling her until she finally gave in and told me to stop.

"When did you get home?" She finally managed to get out.

"Last night, I didn't want to wake anyone, so I came in quietly," I explained.

"Can we go get breakfast?" Maria dragged me out of bed. I smiled. I really missed her.

"Sure thing, but let me get changed first," I quickly went to my closet and pulled out my team jacket from my duffel. I followed Maria out of my room.

I could smell the pancakes, eggs, and bacon coming from the kitchen. Maria dragged me down the stairs.

"Mom, I really missed your cooking," I smiled; her back was turned to me.

"Thank you, Char–. Charlie!" My mom dropped the pans and ran over to me, hugging me.

"When did you get home?" My mom let go.

"Last night," I answered.

"Charlie, I'm happy you're home," My Dad wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm happy to be home too," Mateo, Ander, and Jo turned around from their seats at the counter and waved.

"What, do I not get a hug?" They reluctantly walked over and hugged me. I took my place at the counter as my mom served me my breakfast. The front door opened, and in walked the triplets. I walked over and hugged Max.

"I'm so glad your home. Never leave me again," Max mumbled into my ear.

"Ha, I probably can't promise that," I pulled away and went back to my breakfast.

"Hey, you always forget about me!" Fox's voice came from behind Reece.

"I could never forget about you," I ruffled Fox's hair.

"Hey Blake, how'd you sleep?" Shit! I forgot to tell them about him.

"Great, actually," I turned around and saw Blake at the bottom of the stairs.

"Charlie, who's this?" My mom asked me.

"Family meet Blake. He needed a place to crash last night," I explained.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Blake. Sit, and I'll serve you breakfast," my mom set a plate out for him.

"Thank you, Mrs. Gallagher; it smells wonderful," Blake took a seat next to me.

"So, Blake, what school do you go to?" My father asked. I held my breath.

"Danehead, sir," I could tell he was nervous.

"Oh, well, as long as you're not the one who sent this one to the hospital," my father rested his hands on my shoulders. "Then we have no problem at all," my eyes went wide.

Blake looked down and didn't say anything.

"That wasn't you, was it?" My father pressed.

Blake stayed quiet, "Dad, Blake, and I have put our past in the past now; let it go," I pleaded.

"So, what's on the schedule today?" My mother pulled my father back.

"We're going to the X today to watch Florida and Alaska practice, then tonight we have that dinner at Isaac's," Reece played along.

"Speaking of that, we should be going anyway. Blake probably wants to change into his clothes. Reece, we'll meet you at the rink," I grabbed Blake's arm and dragged him toward the front door. I grabbed one of his bags and my keys and headed out the door.