Chapter 8

Anna lies silently with Bucky on his bed when they return from the compound. They hadn't said anything, and Bucky didn't force her to. She didn't know what to say after everything that she had gone through; everything she thought she had gotten over. She just wanted to stay in his presence. His touch, his warmth, helped to keep her calm. She lies with her eyes closed as his fingers gently stroke her hair. She is almost asleep when they hear a knock on the door. She turns to sit up as Natasha, Yelena, and Wanda enter the room.

"Bucky, can you give us a minute?" Natasha motions with her head for him to leave. He looks at Anna as she sighs and nods as he squeezes her hand and leaves, shutting the door behind him.

Wanda speaks first once he is gone. "We took him to the raft. And don't worry, he doesn't even know who he is anymore."

She sits down at Anna's desk as Natasha kneels in front of Anna and looks at her with tears in her eyes. Anna knew that Natasha didn't show emotion easily, but they had always been closer than she had been with others. "I'm sorry Anna, for not confirming he was dead. I never wanted you to have to deal with this again."

Anna nods, wrapping her arms around Natasha. "I know Nat, it isn't your fault. I don't blame you. Just lucky Buck was there, or else I would have let Loki kill him."

Natasha pulls back with a small smile. "I told you he loves you." Natasha puts a hand up to Anna's face. "Just take care of him. He's a lot more vulnerable than he likes people to believe." She stands up with a smirk. "Kind of like someone else I know."

Anna laughs, standing up to hug her before hugging Yelena and Wanda before they turn to leave her alone.

Bucky stands outside the door, pacing as they had kicked him out of his own room. Under any other circumstance, he would be annoyed, but he would do literally anything for Anna. He hears the door open, and Natasha and Wanda walk by. Yelena stops in front of him with a glare. "If you do anything to hurt that girl, I will kill you."

He smiles to laugh until he sees how serious she is and he just nods, going back to his room and closing the door. Anna doesn't say anything as she walks up to Bucky and wraps her arms around his neck, bringing him to her. Her lips crash into his as he moans and wraps his arms around her. She pushes him against the door, her tongue invading his mouth. Bucky groans as they are interrupted by another knock on the door and Anna laughs as she reaches behind him and opens the door. She loses her smile when she finds Steve in front of her. "Steve." She can tell he didn't expect her to be in Bucky's room as she begins to walk past him before he stops her. "I'll just leave you guys to it."

"No, no. You can stay."

Anna hesitantly walks back in and sits on Bucky's bed as Bucky sighs. "Steve I'm sorry. We had intended to tell you before we came out in front of everyone else."

Steve's voice is softer than Anna had anticipated when he finally responds. "No. I'm the one that is sorry. I've been so wrapped up in myself I didn't even notice. Even when everyone else did." He turns to Anna and smiles. "I think you guys are perfect together, and God knows you both deserve to have someone who makes you happy." He looks at Bucky and motions to both of them. "And I'm glad I see that here."

Bucky reluctantly hugs Steve as Anna stands up behind him. "Thank you, Steve."

Anna stands up and hugs Steve. She knew that in another time maybe it would be Steve she was with. But they all knew that he had waited too long. She was madly in love with Bucky now. Steve is barely out the door when Bucky is on Anna. He lifts her by her thighs and pins her against the wall. "I love you, James," she whispers in his ear as he kisses her neck.

He leans back a bit to look at her with a wide grin. "I love you too, doll. So much." He seals his mouth over hers again as he turns to carry her to his bed. They both make quick work to undress before he grabs her waist, pulling her on top of him. She takes the hint to lower herself onto him slowly as he groans, watching his cock enter her and he grips her thighs. "You're so beautiful."

"James," she whimpers, moving on him urgently as his hands wandered up her stomach to her breasts. The contrast between the warm flesh hand and the cold metal one causing her to shudder as he smiled.

He cradled her breasts, her nipples firm with arousal as he watched the pleasure on her face. She began to moan louder as he sat, wrapping his right arm around her waist. "You feel so fucking good, doll." He turns to pin her under him on the bed as she gasps and he keeps his flesh hand under her hips. He holds her hips up to him, thrusting into her harder. She moans loud before he places his metal hand over her mouth with a smile. He groans, feeling her pulsing hard around him as her eyes flutter, her body tensing under his. He moved his hand from her mouth, crushing his mouth against hers as his orgasm follows hers. He stills as he feels her relax under him and he leans back to look at her. He smiles, leaning up to kiss her forehead before moving to lie beside her.

"I had a crush on you... when I would see you in the therapist's office. Running into you was the highlight of my week usually," she admits softly as she hears him chuckle beside her, pulling her to his chest.

"Even though I was rude?"

She giggles, glancing up at him as he grinned at her. "Yes. I knew there was more to you than just the grump exterior."

"I'm glad you did, doll." He kisses the top of her head as he hears her moan contently, her fingers gently dancing across his bare chest and stomach.