CHAPTER 3: DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

TENNYSON'S RESIDENCE, ROW HOUSE, NEW YORK

Ben arrived in an alley in New York after receiving a call from Bruce Wayne, along with Rook and Ester. They arrived through the Boom Tube opened by Cyborg; he was originally part human and part machine, the machines that Cyborg was made from the Fatherbox technology, which is able to control any technologies around the world, to heal wounds, and to open a Boom Tube portal.

Titano and Zeno on the other hand, are staying at Smallville along with Kara and Connor. Kara wanted to go with Ben to New York to see Ben's family but, Kara had to prepare for her graduation along with Connor.

"Here goes nothing." muttered Ben, as he was nervous and hadn't seen his family for 8 years.

As reaches in front of the door, Ben was walking left and right as he was feeling a little uncomfortable seeing his family again.

"Take your time, Ben," Rook said with his sarcastic tone. Rook and Ester decided to use a holographic projector to disguise themselves as human just as they did back at Smallville.

Rook turns to Ester. "I'll bet 5 bucks that Ben will get slapped or hit in the face." whispered Rook to Ester.

"Deal." answered Ester

After taking time, Ben finally knocks the door.

*KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK*

As the door was open, Gwen Tennyson, Ben's cousin, was the one who opened the door. Gwen was shocked and surprised while almost in tears, didn't know what to say after seeing her long lost cousin. She had long red hair, green eyes and was dressed in a black miniskirt, black nylon stockings and a red shirt with a white one underneath.

"Gwen, I-" as Ben was about to explain, he got slapped on the face then got his stomach punched because of her anger of Ben's disappearance for 8 years.

But the surprise is that Gwen hugs Ben while she's in tears. "You selfish asshole! How could you leave us like this?!" she asked, as she cried.

Then Gwen 's parents, Frank and Natalie Tennyson, show up. "Gwen, what's going-" as Natalie Tennyson was about to respond, she was in shock too, including Frank Tennyson, to see their long lost nephew, Ben Tennyson.

"Hey Uncle Frank, Aunt Natalie." Ben waved at them while still hugging Gwen. It didn't take long for Ben's uncle and aunt to rush towards Ben and hug him too.

A few minutes later, Gwen and her parents let Ben, Rook, and Ester inside the house and are sitting down on a couch.

"Ben, where have you been?" asked Natalie Tennyson.

Ben was thinking what was he's about to answer. So he finally decided to tell the truth, because he's trying to see whether his family would accept his "alien friends" or not.

"You'll never believe me if I told you." replied Ben while his eyes went narrow.

"Try me." demand Gwen, as she demands answers on why Ben has been disappearing for 8 years.

"I was in space for eight years. It happened when I was abducted by alien bounty hunters. After realizing how far Earth was, I have no chance of going home." explained Ben, then he turns his attention towards Rook and Ester. "Rook, Ester," Ben gave them a signal to reveal themselves. So Rook and Ester deactivate their holographic projector to reveal them as aliens; Rook has periwinkle-blue colored fur, black markings on his face, and pointed ears. The middle of his face, his chest and his stomach are white. He has black stripes on his shoulders, waist, lower legs and lower arms, while Ester wears a purple jacket, with white fur collars and cuffs, pink stockings, and purple snow shoes. She has pinkish-red hair and a tiara with a diamond-shape at the top. Ester also has purple eyes and light pink skin, with two purple markings on her cheeks, and large whitish protuberances where a human's eyebrows would be.