Heat

13- Heat

Pan grumbled as she stumbled into the small kitchen in the spaceship. It was only a little after three, and she had woke up needing a drink of water.

The ship was quiet as the engine hummed. Most of the lights were off, except for a small light above the oven. Pan fixed her a glass of water and gulped it down quickly. Her mind was focused on getting back into her bed and sleeping for another several hours.

She sat the empty glass in the sink and turned around with a startled shriek as she spotted Trunks leaning against the doorway.

"Holy Crap, Trunks," she placed a hand over her pounding chest as she leaned against the cabinets. "You really need to start making some noise."

Even in the dim light, Pan could see that he was smirking.

"What are you doing up so late?" She asked him curiously. She knew he stayed up late sometimes, but he was usually in bed by now.

"I couldn't sleep," he said quietly.

Pan was aware that Trunks was watching her every move, and she swallowed hard as she started to grow warm. It had only been a few days since they almost kissed in her room, and Pan had thought of it again and again.

Though things seemed normal between them during the day on the ship, Pan could feel Trunks staring at her more. His gaze lingered on her often, making her stomach flutter. She knew she watched him too. She liked watching him pilot the ship, and she enjoyed watching him laugh. His blue eyes always brightened and crinkled.

"Panna, I can't keep doing this," Trunks' voice was low. His gaze was burning her.

"Doing what?" She whispered.

"I can't keep pretending like I don't want you," he said.

In a few strides, Trunks made it over to Pan, and suddenly he was cupping her face and kissing her. Trunks was kissing her! He was kissing Pan in a way she had never experienced before. Trunks' mouth was hot, and Pan's lips were buzzing as her eyes fluttered shut.

One of Trunks' hands slid down to Pan's chin and tilted her face up as his tongue slid across her bottom lip. She could feel her toes curling already as she opened her mouth for him. His hands grabbed her hips as he pressed her against him, trapping her against him and the cabinet. Her hands were shaking as she grabbed the front of his shirt to steady herself. She kissed him like she had wanted to for days. Pan had never kissed a guy like this, so she followed Trunks' lead and slid her tongue along his.

Pan slowly ran a hand up Trunks' shirt, and her fingers caressed his neck. He let out a low groan that sent her shivering, and she ran her hand through his hair like she had wanted to for so long.

Trunks' hands squeezed Pan's hips, and she gasped at the sensation that ran through her. Her heart was pounding, and she was breathless as they pulled away. She never knew that kissing someone could feel so nice.

"Trunks," she panted his name. "What are -"

Trunks swooped down and kissed Pan again. She melted into his kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck as his hands moved across her bottom. She gasped as he picked her up and placed her on the cabinet, making it easier for him to reach her.

"No talking, just kissing," Trunks murmured against Pan's lips. He nipped her bottom lip, causing her to gasp before he was kissing her again.

Pan was lost in him. Her hands were running wild through his hair and down his neck. He was warm, and she could feel his pulse on this throat pounding.