Chapter 9 Family Diary

Start from the beginning

"Come back soon, honey and maybe we can bring the children out for a trip

"Come back soon, honey and maybe we can bring the children out for a trip. I love you!" Ye Jin concluded the video with a kiss to the camera.

By the time the mysterious plant started growing leaves, the family had gotten used to documenting their daily lives. Instead of Ye Jin summarising their day, their children would occasionally help. That or Ye Jin would video the interesting moments in their children's lives for future reference.

Thankfully, Ki Rai didn't need Teddy Hae In around anymore since she had finally gotten past her separation anxiety with her father.

Today, Ye Jin and Hae In took the children out for grocery shopping. Hae In decided to film their journey especially when Ye Jin pulled out the flashcards to teach Ki Rai to name and identify vegetables.

The supermarket they frequented had adorable mini trolleys made for children. It was perfect for the activity Ye Jin wanted to do with Ki Rai. Since they chose to go at an odd time, the supermarket was empty when they were there.

Squatting to show Ki Rai the flashcards, Ye Jin showed Ki Rai the first vegetable. "Ki Rai, what's this?"

"Tomato." Ki Rai named it perfectly.

"Very good, sweetheart! Now go find the tomato. It's along this aisle." Ye Jin guided her daughter to the right starting point.

Although she was slightly dazed, Ki Rai did as she was told and pushed the trolley down the aisle.

"Here?" Ki Rai pointed at one of the counters randomly

"Yes, that's right, sweetheart. Find the tomatoes!" Ye Jin showed Ki Rai the flashcard again.

A few steps later, Ki Rai turned around again and pointed. "Here?"

"Go on, sweetheart. You're doing well!" Ye Jin encouraged their youngest.