Chapter 21: Decision

Start from the beginning

Well, at least the money I had is now earning interest while I sleep at night.

I've made a few investments including the apartment building I bought in Manila and a bar around Makati. It was the idea of our class president and being the bored student that I once was, I gave in and invested. Plus, I have savings because of my countless projects with Dad. I've been working for him part time but he still gives me a chunk of money that I know isn't the real rate of his designers in the company.

Spoiled? I know. Loved? Hmm... Not so much.

The sparkling floor of the place caught my attention and my eyes almost popped out when I saw the furniture and appliances that Zeki and I bought the other day are already here!

"Zeki, when did my things arrive?" I asked as I leaned on the wall but he took his time to place the boxes down before answering me.

"They arrived yesterday. I thought you would want to just rest and maybe relax in your new home so I made some arrangements for someone to clean and fix everything for you."

He's so thoughtful.

"How much is it?" I asked and he pouted before shaking his head. "What, you don't want me to pay? Zeki come on-"

"Eero, it's not about the money, okay? A thank you would suffice."

Why do I feel like this conversation had already happened before?

"But still-"

He heaved a sigh before shaking his head again, this time with finality.

"You still don't change."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I followed him to wherever he's about to go.

"You still don't want to owe people." he simply said like an old friend. It's another proof that he really knows me and my attitude towards certain things.

"I don't."

"And you think money can fix everything." he threw a glance at me as he opened the fridge.

"Zeki, I just want to pay for the service. That's your money."

"And you still worry for my money." he pointed out before opening a bottled water. "Eero, I'm not the poor boy you met years ago so please... let me do things for you."

"But-"

"This conversation is over."

A scoff escaped my lips, not believing how arrogant he sounded just now.

"If you're that rich, you might want to be my new father so I won't have to work my ass off." I said with sarcasm in my voice.

I saw how his eyebrow rose like I said something funny. He placed the bottle down before leaning on the counter.

"I'm not really into sugar arrangements but... if you want to, I can think about it."

My eyes widened and I can instantly feel the heat on my face! This man is lust incarnate!

"Is that one of your kinks?" I spat just to hide my nervousness but he cocked his head on the side as he stared at me with a playful look.

"I don't really have a weird kink. But if you really want me to be your new father... might as well start calling me... Daddy?"

My traitor heart started pounding like crazy when he dropped the last word. My insides swirled like there's a low pressure area forming! What the hell!

"I-In your dreams!" I stuttered, oh my God!

"In my dreams huh?" he said in a taunting tone. "Or you can just flirt with me and make me your boyfriend."