Chapter 10: Far From The Chaotic And Bloody World

My heart rate was in a rapid pace as I walked to the shore where my bodyguards are. They carried Snow and in just a glance I could tell that she's now unconscious. Waves of pain went through my chest as I waited for them to bring her to the shore.

"Clyde get us a towel!" one of my bodyguards shouted and one of them ran back to where they parked the car.

I bit my lip to suppress my feelings but I lost it when I saw wounds around Snow's little body. The red color of blood dominated her neck while some wounds and scratches were found on the left side of his head and feet.

"Fuck." I hissed in so much agony as I walked towards my dog. "Is she dead?" I asked, even though I'm afraid of the answer.

"No sir." one of my bodyguards said. "The dog is still breathing but she's weak. We saw her getting crushed against the rock formations. Fortunately, she was unconscious just now."

Tears started to pool my eyes as I tried to touch her—her cold body told me that she needs medical attetion as soon as possible.

This won't do. I need to act fast or she'll die!

It took everything in me to talk even though my vision is getting blurry as time passes by.

"We have to go to the nearest vet. Let's go!" I commanded and the two of them didn't wait for Clyde anymore. They ran back to the car while I'm still shaking in fear and shock.

"Eero—"

"Do not fucking talk to me Ezekiel." I said in gritted teeth as I looked at him then to the bitch who carelessly took my dog. "I entrusted Snow to you."

"It was an accident—"

"There wouldn't be any accident if your bitch of a girlfriend didn't take her from your house! Please if you'll get a toy make sure that it's working properly or at least it has a warranty!"

"Eero!"

"I am not his toy!" the girl whined and my foot was too fast to kick on the sand causing more of it to go into her face.

"Eero stop!" Ezekiel said in a pleading tone but I just looked at them with so much wrath and hatred seething inside me.

"You don't tell me what to do Ezekiel. You can't even control that... ignorant woman!" I shouted before storming out of that shit hole.

I ran as fast as I could until I reached Ezekiel's house. There I saw Tia and Amber with a worried look on their faces.

"Eero is Snow going to be okay?" the little kid asked.

I took a deep breath as I offered her a smile.

"She'll be fine." I assured her, though I myself am not even sure if that is the case. "Tia Ester, I have to go first. I'll take Snow to the vet."

"Go hijo. I'll tell Ezekiel to go there too."

No need.

But I didn't say that. I nodded out of respect as I dashed out of their gate and went inside the car.

We zoomed out of that place and it took us just five minutes to locate the nearest vet in town. My bodyguards immediately rushed inside with me while they carry Snow and a nurse attended to our needs.

"We need a doctor. Now." I said in a shaking manner and it didn't take a while before a doctor attended to us.

"Place the dog here. Gently please." she said.

We placed Snow in a bed and the doctor immediately examined her. Her assistant dried Snow with a towel as she examined the wounds my dog got from falling on the top of that rock.