19.Strange fear

Please Vote, dear reader🙏🙏🙏😍😍😍

Dedicated to @day_dreaming_girl_88 Geethu100

Author's POV

Varma group of Industries, Bangalore

"Madam...Mrs.Anjali Harsh is constantly trying to get an appointment with you," the personal staff of Mrs.Priya Varma informed her.

"I'm not interested in her or her business ideas, even if she makes money from the air. Just ask her to stop bothering us," she waved off her staff in annoyance.

"I have better things to do than handle a bitch like her. She thinks she is the best in the business field. Tell her that I deny her proposal downright," Mrs. Priya snapped.

"Ok, Madam ...I will inform her right away," the staff left, and she closed her eyes in deep thought.

"Priya...How are you, my child?" The voice of her lawyer, who was also their family friend, brought her back from her thoughts. It was Mr.Sharath Nambiar, the legal advisor of the Varma group.

"Stressed...as usual...What made you remember me, Sharath Uncle?" she asked, pointing towards the seat in front of her table.

"I thought you would be yelling at me for barging into your cabin without permission," he chuckled.

"Uncle, you are the only person who has the right to come and meet me anytime, "she smiled genuinely at him.

"Hmmm...time for some serious talk now. I want to talk about Nanda," he said firmly.

"What about her?" Priya queried.

"Did you find her?" He questioned Priya grimly.

"Yes ...she is in safe hands," she answered promptly, not wanting to give any other information.

"Why are you not bringing her back here then? Have you any idea what will happen when the investors find about Dev and Nanda?" he panicked.

"I have kept my brother's accident and Nanda's missing a complete secret.No one will ever find out what happened to them. And rest assured, Uncle, I have handled these people before. So I can handle them now as well," she huffed.

"Of course, child, I know you love Nanda and how much you have struggled to make this company number one. This old man was supposed to retire long back, but Dev and you made me handle your legal issues till now. Don't you think it is high time you hire someone else?" He smiled playfully.

"Who said you are old? You are still young, "she teased him.

"Go ahead tease me and make me do all your work, "he scoffed, and Mrs.Varma laughed her heart out.

"It's been long I have seen you laugh this heartily," Sarath mused.

"Don't you think you should tell the truth to your..., "he started, but Mrs.Priya cut him off abruptly.

"No...not here, uncle. Even the wall has ears. And there's still time to reveal the truth," she jeered.

"Did you find out who caused the accident?" He asked suddenly.

"I have an idea, and my PI's are gathering the evidence. Once I have them, I will destroy the person who tried to harm my brother and Nanda," she snarled.

"I think you can take a rest now that you have found Nanda. You have trained her well enough to handle the Varma Group, right. Moreover, you and Dev have transferred the shares in her name. I know Nanda; she can manage the business and her enemies like a piece of cake," Mr.Sarath Nambiar reminisced.