Thirty Six: A New Home

"Copper?"

I turned around. Seed was behind me. "Hey. What's up?"

"Quite a lot of things. After some... events with the destroyers, Night had to be moved to a new multiverse. Odds are he won't be coming back." 

I feel a slight pang of sadness that I instantly push aside. "Okay, anything else?"

"Yup. Before leaving, Night told the others he already found you, and somehow managed to keep me out of it. So I'm still allowed to see come here. As for you, the search has been called off. You're free to stay."

I smile. "Great."

"I assume you have things to do then?"

"Yup. Nice chatting."

Seed disappears into the ground, and I stand there a moment before I feel the excitement hit me. Calming myself down as I go, I walk towards Starrin Town. It takes me a minute to remember which house is Sans', and once I do, I knock on the door and wait.

And wait a bit more.

And a bit more.

Seems like they aren't home, I think. I turn around to leave, but hear the door open behind me. Looking back, I see Papyrus, grinning.

"Hello Copper! Great to see you again! One moment please..." He turned to look at something I could not see from my view and yelled, "SANS, WAKE UP, COPPER'S HERE!"

Sans teleported next to Papyrus, nearly falling on his face in the process. I laughed.

"Hey! Well, welcome back. I'm guessing you're allowed back in town now?"

"Yeah. And I was wondering..." I take a deep breath. "Do you mind if I stay with you? I don't really have a place to land, and you guys seem nice..." Saying they seem nice is an underestimate. They helped me get through my time alone, I can tell they care for me. And to be honest, I feel the same.

"Gladly!" Papyrus pulled the door open wider and motioned for me to come in. I did so and looked around. It looked the same as when I first came here, but slightly cozier. I smiled. "We only have two bedrooms, so you'll have to sleep on the couch. Hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"Great! Sans, if you could help him get situated, I've got to get back to my work." Papyrus headed upstairs into his room, and after a moment, Sans brought me up to his. 

"It's a mess, sorry, but I haven't felt like cleaning it. Here's a pillow, some blankets..." Sans threw the items over to me and I caught them. We headed back downstairs and I dumped them on the couch. "Hungry? It's almost dinner, I can cook you something."

"Sure." We headed to the kitchen and talked as Sans cooked. Papyrus joined us after a few minutes, helping Sans cook. When they were done, we sat at the table and ate. It gave me a sense on calm, a feeling of belonging. I was going to like it here, I could tell.