• 2 •

Differences are often overlooked to create similarities. Taehyung is willing to overlook that demons and angels can't get along if that means he will know Jungkook more.

For some odd reason, Taehyung was sitting on the stairs by the entrance on the forest. It was a cold day, his favorite season. Although Taehyung was used to the high temperature in hell, it does not mean that he likes to feel the warmth on his skin. Honestly, he hated it.

It was already fall. The forest is filled with fallen leaves of every color. It created a bed Taehyung likes so much. Indeed, this was the season when he fell in love with this forest.

He was minding his own business. He was catching every leaf that fell in his direction. When he was about to catch another one, a hand reached for it faster than he did. He looked in front of him, only to see Jungkook standing with the leaf he caught earlier.

"You came back." Taehyung whispered. Deep down, he was waiting for the other. It had been days since their first encounter. He did not even expect Jungkook to actually show up, yet here he was.

Taehyung's words were soft, but Jungkook managed to hear it.

"If I give you an ice cream, will you answer one of my questions?" Jungkook asked him. Taehyung looked over his hand to see two treats waiting to be eaten.

"Are you bribing me? Are you even allowed to do that?" Taehyung asked.

The action, itself, was suspicious enough for Taehyung not to give in, but the temptation of the ice cream screamed inside of him more. It's amazing really. A demon who does the temptation gets tempted because of an ice cream from an angel. Again, amazing.

It was a cold day, yet Taehyung wants something to cool his insides. He only felt this warm sensation when Jungkook appeared. Taehyung needed that ice cream.

Before Jungkook can answer, Taehyung reached for the ice cream in Jungkook's hand. That was the first time their skins were the closest to one another, but it did not touch. It burned. The warm sensation only gotten worse inside Taehyung. He needed this ice cream now.

"I'll take that as a yes." Jungkook said. He proceeded to sit beside Taehyung. The other instinctively moved away to maintain a much bigger distance than when Jungkook sat down.

"Why can't I touch you?" Jungkook started. He watched Taehyung peel off the wrapper. When he was done, he eagerly ate the ice cream as if his life depended on it. Jungkook even heard him sigh because of the treat.

"Why are you curious about it?" Taehyung briefly looked at him. Then, he returned his gaze in front of them. There was nothing interesting to look at, but Taehyung knew he will not look at Jungkook even if the other was talking to him.

"I know a lot of demons, but none of them are like you. Angels can touch demons. You are a demon as well, yet I can't touch you." Jungkook answered. He started to eat his ice cream too.

"Because if an angel like you touch a demon like me, I'll disappear." Taehyung answered casually as if the danger he was protecting himself from was not beside him.

Jungkook remained quiet after that. They just sat there enjoying their ice creams. He did not want to push the topic any further. It was a sensitive topic for creatures like them.