In the corner of my closet was where the dress was. I never thought I would use it so I left there. Pulling it out of the closet from the hanger I could see why Mizu thought it would look good on me. It matched the blood red from the mask I had made just seconds ago. When I had it on I felt pretty, just like Mizu told me. The pretty where you were comfortable being you and nobody could tell you otherwise. It was a nice change. The dress itself was snug on me and it felt right. It had a V-neck that was bordered with black butterflies and sequins. Not too much but just enough. The sleeves swirled with threading and black sequins that matched the neckline and looked a little like the familiar smoke pattern from Kaen's arms.

     The skirt fell down to my feet and had the same butterfly pattern and sequins on the waistline and faded into the red fabric that the dress was made of. The silk was smooth and comfortable on my skin and I actually felt ok wearing something so extravagant. I looked in the mirror and pinned a strand of hair on each side to the back of my head. Overall I looked like I was supposed to be at the party. The shoes were just as comfortable but it didn't matter because the dress covered them entirely. They did not match the dress like the mask did. They were an entirely different colour and style. I laughed a little at the thought of Mizu seeing me like this. she would have really;l tears and she probably would have taken a gazillion pictures before I could even move from the room.

      I was ready for the ball. I just needed to get an invitation. I walked down the steps of my tower and placed the mask on my face. I could see the guests still entering the palace gates a little farther away from my tower. The lights from the windows of the ballroom shone bright and the thought of what I was doing made my nerves jolt with excitement. This is the first party I've been to. They walked to the entrance and at the back of the line to enter the ballroom. The dress was heavier than I thought and made moving a little harder.

     I had a dagger strapped to my thigh just in case.  after a few minutes of searching I found the closest couple near me. The girl looked so excited and she looked just enough like me that I could pass off as her. Luckily no one would know my face because of the mask. I took to the back of my dagger and hit the girl's head. She fell to the ground with a thud and her partner turned around surprised. He looked at me, comfiest and angry and lunged with his fist. I ducked and hit him in the head. He dropped to the floor next to the girl he came with. It wasn't hard but the dress was a little dirty now. I hid the two guests in the ally in between the castle buildings and snatched the girls' invitation. Kaitlyn Langer. I guess I'm Kaitlyn Langer now. I held the invitation close and stepped back into line. It was a miracle no one heard me. The line moved slowly but soon enough I was next to enter the ballroom. I tucked the invitation into the neckline of my dress and wiped my hands clean.

"Invitation?" the soldier said. I pulled out the invitation from my dress and handed it to him. He looked at it and then at me. My pulse was getting faster and the nerves were spiking. This was exhilarating.

"Kaitlyn Langer?" he questioned.

"Yes that's me" I tried to change my voice to something more sophisticated but it came out in a strange way. The soldier simply looked me over once again and stepped aside. I made it. Stepping past the soldier I could feel the dagger rubbing against my leg and I felt like I was on a job. I loved this feeling. Like anything could go wrong in a split second. It made my blood rush and it felt exciting to have a change in scenery. My tower was getting too boring for my tastes. The dress trailed behind me and was introduced into the party once I stepped onto the set of stairs that lead down to the dance floor.

"Lady Kaitlyn Langer!" the man shouted. Some people looked up at me and whispered to each other. I curtsied and stepped down the stairs as dainty as I could. As I walked down the steps I spotted Mizu standing next to the king. She wore a navy blue cocktail dress that cut just over her knees. It had a white lining and she wore her signature goggles on her head and a white lace mask over her eyes. Her hair had been styled into a half bun and the rest of her red locks fell down to her waist. She looked stunning. Well, just as she always was.