𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲~ 𝐘𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐇𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐚

Start from the beginning

She wiped her eyes quickly and stood up.

"I'm L/N Y/N, please ignore me," she said, standing up, about to leave.

That's when a blonde girl walked in.

"L/N-chan...?"
"Oh, Yachi-san," she realized. "Please excuse me."
"Wait L/N-chan, are you okay?" Yachi asked. "I seen you crying when you left the classroom after our test..."
"I...I'm fine. I just need to study more."

And then it clicked for Yachi. Test anxiety.

She was in a similar state that Yachi had been in years ago.

"L/N-chan, can I talk to you?"

Y/N nodded, a bit surprised but followed the girl.

"What are your expectations for yourself?"

Y/N was stunned, unsure how to answer. Then it came falling out and she was unable to control it.

"100. It's always 100, it's always been 100. But I have to get at least a 90 or else it feels like the world is going to crash down upon me. An 85 isn't good enough anymore and I have to expect higher. My brain tells me that it's impossible for me to get below an 85 and that whenever I write a test to expect a 100 which is close to impossible!"

She was sobbing loudly, unsure what to do with herself.

"My expectations can't lower or I won't know who I am!"

The girl fell into Yachi's arms and Yachi smiled, a sad but knowing look on her face.

"L/N-chan, you know that you have test anxiety, right?"

She could feel the girl nodding into her shoulder.

"Please let me help you overcome this. I had test anxiety too so I know exactly how this feels."

Y/N's E/C eyes were red and just let out a quiet "thank you".

┍━━━━━━━ ✿ ━━━━━━━┑

On the weekend, Y/N had gone over to Yachi's house to wait for their test results.

"Yachi-san, I'm really scared," Y/N whimpered.

She was squeezing one of Yachi's plushies nervously while Yachi waited for an announcement.

"Please don't be scared, L/N-chan, what's done is done and you can't do anything about your test results now."

Around ten minutes later, Yachi called Y/N over.

Y/N had never checked her mark so fast.

And it was a slap in the face.

"83...Yachi, I only got an 83," Y/N said, her voice warbling.
"You did amazing," Yachi whispered as she hugged Y/N's shoulders. "Please don't stress yourself out!"

But Y/N was already calculating her new average.

And with that, tears filled her eyes.

"It's not 90."

Finally, Yachi pulled Y/N as close as she could to her and glared at her.

"L/N Y/N. Please, just stop. This doesn't do anything! I know that you're really stressed out now but you being stressed only makes things worse for you! I know that we're so close to the diplomas, but you still have so much more to give. Marks aren't everything."
"Please just hold me," she whispered.

And Yachi did just that.

┍━━━━━━━ ✿ ━━━━━━━┑