𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

What can she believe?

Maybe she was letting it al go to her head, and she was just making stuff up because someone gave her an idea. Because how could Kay say Lilly liked Zach, when she didn't even realize it herself? She couldn't.

With a heavy sigh, Lilly slipped past her curtains and let her legs drop on the cold floor, it sending shivers down her spine. She quietly moved around the small room, inching her way closer to the counter to herself some water.

The silence in the bus felt almost comforting, causing her to calm down. The only sound was the running water underneath her, her hands slipping underneath it as she splashed some of it in her face. Drops ran down her skin, the cold liquid awakening her within seconds.

Knowing there was no way she could go to sleep any time soon, she shuffled to the couch, laying down with her phone in her hands. Scrolling through her timeline, Lilly felt her emotions get the best of her once she saw couple post after couple post passing by.

She wished she had someone who loved her with their whole heart. Someone who adored her as much as she would adore them. Having warm arms wrap around you, holding you in their embrace, them protecting you. Or the soft kisses prepping down your skin—

Just simply the feeling of being loved.

Lillian realized just then how much trouble she was having with being single, alone.

She had actually said 'yes' to going on a vacation with couples only while being single herself. Who would even do that?

And of course Kay spent more time with her than her own boyfriend—likewise for him—she was still the one without a relationship. The eleventh wheel.

She knew she wasn't the jealous type, but Lilly wished to have a love along side her during the trip.

Someone you could cuddle with all day and go on those cute little dates just like the rest did. She wished she didn't need to feel left out whenever the group made couple photos and she would be the one taking them. Or whenever they went on group dates and she had to stay in the bus and do something all by herself.

Shaking her head, Lillian slapped her arm lightly. "Stop whining." She mumbled to herself, wiping a tear away as she pulled her legs up to her chest. "It's not their fault your single. It's not their fault no one wants you that way."

As if the last sentence had stabbed her in the heart, she felt herself cry silently. She held herself tightly, rocking back and forth.

She hated how she was pitying herself. How she was making a big deal out of nothing. She wasn't alone, she spends so much time with Zach.

But he wasn't her boyfriend.

And he's probably only around her so much, because his girlfriend avoids him like the plague in the first place. It wasn't his first choice. She just gave him the attention he didn't get from Kay.....

At the thought she was telling herself, Lillian actually broke down. She knew it was partly a lie and partly the truth.

And it hurt oh so badly.

Within a swift move, arms wrapped around her small body like a warm blanket, pulling her close to their chest.

She felt her body grow tense for a second, scared as to who was sitting next to her, holding her in her emotional state.