37

——

——

"Hold on, why does she get to tickle?" JJ asked, noticing how Pope handed Kiara the cellphone. "She's the best tickler," Pope answered.

It was now nighttime and all four of them have been sitting in the car waiting for the perfect moment. Emelina yawned, getting extremely bored of sitting and lurking.

"Should I do an accent?" Kiara asked. "Yeah, it's smart to disguise your voice," Emelina spoke up, leaning forward to get a better view of the two upfront.

Kiara switched to an English accent. "Disguise my voice, how? Like, how would you like me to talk? Like this?"

All three of them immediately shook their heads. "Not like that," JJ told her.

"Batman," Pope suggested. Kiara's voice went deep in order to do the best impersonation. "Batman."

Pope nodded, "There you go."

"Spot-on. Let's do it." JJ praised. Out of nowhere, his hand found Emelina's bare thigh, thanks to her shorts, and he squeezed it slightly. She looked at him but his eyes were glued to the front.

Kiara called the number belonging to the pilot and put it on speaker. "Hello?" the man answered. "Hello," Kiara replied in her Batman's voice and looked up with regret in her eyes. "I can't," she whispered to them.

"Just talk normally," Emelina whispered back.

The man asked again, causing Kiara to clear her throat and speak in her usual tone. "Is Gavin there?"

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac."

Gavin laughed nervously on the other line, "Um... who's this?"

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it. We're gonna prove it. You're guilty."

"Who is this? You're gonna tell me who this is right now."

"You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this." Kiara told him, and his response was out of rage. "Listen to me! Who is this?"

Kiara hung up the phone and looked up for approval. "How was that?"

"That was good," Emelina complimented. JJ's hand left her thigh and she frowned at the loss of contact. "Yeah, I was scared. Good job," he said.

"Alright. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete. Now we wait and listen." Pope stated.

A few minutes passed by and every one of them watched as Gavin hopped into his car. "Alright. Hey, here he comes. Stay down." Pope whispered.

"You know, we don't have to whisper. It's not like he can hear us in here." Emelina said in a normal tone. "Shh!" Pope hushed her and motioned her to stay down with his hand.