XIII

-Hey, uhm, can we talk? About...you know., started Deena.

-Yeah, of course., nodded Sam looking at Deena nervously.

-I should stop the car for that., replied the brunette.

-Alright., said Sam awkwardly.

Deena parked the car by a random house and stopped the motor.

-Okay. So...I like you too. Obviously., said Deena looking Sam in the eyes.

-That's...that's nice., said Sam holding a smile back.

-So what now?, asked Deena.

-I...I'm not ready for people to know about me..., admitted the blonde girl.

-Okay, I understand that., nodded Deena.

-But I also like you., sighed Sam looking up at Deena.

-This is a long shot, but...would you consider dating in secret?, suggested the brunette.

-Would you be comfortable being someone's secret?, asked Sam.

-As long as I'm your secret, I do not care the slightest bit., chuckles Deena.

-Are you sure?, wondered the blonde girl.

-Sam, I was the one suggesting dating in secret., smiled the brunette.

-Okay. Okay. But yeah. Yes, I'd love to., smiled Sam.

-So I'm allowed to call you my girlfriend?, smirked Deena.

-Not around people, but yes., chuckled the blonde girl.

-Yes, yes, I know., smiled the other girl.

-Okay. Girlfriend., chuckled Sam.

-But Kate and Simon already know., admitted Deena.

-What? How?, whisper yelled Sam.

-Hey, calm down. I didn't tell them. They figured it out. I mean, Kate literally told you to ask me out., replied Deena.

-Oh...I'm sorry. You're right. Can they be trusted?, wondered Sam.

-Yes, they can. I told them not to tell anyone. They agreed to it. They won't tell anyone. I promise., shored the brunette.

-Okay, okay. I trust you. And if you trust them, then so do I., nodded the blonde girl.

-Alright. Let me drive you home now., smiled Deena started the car again.

-Okay, but don't drop me off in front of my house. My mom will kill you if she sees us together once again., sighed Sam looking out the window.

-Little does she know., chuckles the brunette.

-Yeah., smiled Sam.

After a little moment of silence, Deena finally asked something to Sam.

-Do you have to go home?, wondered Deena not looking away from the road.

-What do you mean?, frowned Sam looking at the brunette.

-I mean, do you have to go home right away?, repeated the other girl.

-But why are you asking?, asked Sam.

-Why does that matter? Would you change your answer if in any context?, chuckled Deena.

-Maybe., smirked Sam.

-Well, I wanted to ask if you want to go to my house? Just hang out?, wondered the brunette.

-Oh. Yeah, sure. I'll call my mom from your house if that's okay., replied the blonde girl.