XII

Sam walked in.

Kate got the music equipment with Simon and Sam quickly went to the locker room to change into her more sporty clothes. Deena simply laid down on the bleachers in the gym, waiting for the tryout to happen. When she heard a door clothes, she sat up, expecting it to be Sam. But it wasn't. It was her ex boyfriend again.

-Oh my god, you don't know how to give up, do you?, groaned Deena.

-I just want to talk to her and a friend saw her come in here., replied the boy.

-Well, this a private tryout, so unless you want me to get the coach and tell him that you interrupted us, leave and don't come back., lied Kate stepping in.

The boy clenched his jaw and left, not saying another word. Sam eventually came out of the locker room and was ready to show Kate what she can do.

-Alright. Do you need me to show you the choreography again or...?, asked the smaller girl.

-Nope, all good. I remember it., smiled the blonde girl catching a pair of hazel eyes looking at her.

Deena looked down and smiled to herself, hiding it with her hair. She had planned to talk to Sam after the tryouts. She even told Simon and Kate about it. They would wait outside in Deena's car for them to have the talk in private. Simon even promised not to drive around with her car if she gave them the keys. Kate started the song after Sam got into position to start. The song began and she started doing her dance, her ankle not bothering her anymore. Kate was smiling and nodding the whole time, already knowing that she would add her to the team. Simon was feeling himself, also dancing to the song on his own, in his own dorky way, which naturally made everything laugh every now and then. Deena on the other hand was fighting with her eyes, not wanting to make Sam uncomfortable, but also being mesmerized by the way she moved, wanting to follow her every move. What was she thinking telling Sam that she would have to think about it? If she liked Sam? Of course she liked the blonde girl. She really had to talk to her and tell her that. She heard the song slow down and snapped out of her thoughts. After the song was over, Sam walked up to Kate who simply smiled.

-Yeah, you made the team. Congrats. You'll get your uniform at the next cheerleading training., explained Kate with a smile.

-Thank you so much., replied Sam hugging the smaller girl who just stood there awkwardly.

-Okay, okay. That's enough. Now go get changed for taxi Johnson to drive us home., chucked Kate pulling away from the hug.

-Yes ma'am. I'll be right back., nodded the blonde girl as she walked away back to the locker room.

Simon and Kate turned to Deena and gave her a thumbs up. Deena rolled her eyes and pointed at the door, wanting them to leave. She waited a few minutes, not wanting to invade Sam's privacy. After ten minutes, Sam still wasn't out. Deena started to get worried and walked in the locker room.

-Sam?, asked the brunette looking for her.

She didn't get a response and started walking through the locker room. She suddenly fell a hand around her wrist and someone pulled her aside. Deena gasped at the unexpected touch.

-Shhh. Don't make a sound. My ex is here. He has a knife., whispered Sam as she put her hand on Deena's mouth.

Deena frowned and pulled Sam hand away.

-Then let's run out., whispered Deena.

-He locked the back door and he has some of his friends waiting in the parking lot., sighed the blonde girl.

Deena looked around and saw a lacrosse stick. She grabbed it.

-Let's go. Walk quietly to the door., whispered the brunette.

Sam nodded and followed her, trying to not making a sound, her bag in her arms. Deena opened the door to walk out, which made a lot of noise.

-Hey!, yelled a boy.

-Move, move, move., repeated Deena as she walked out of the locker room with Sam and blocked the door from opening with the lacrosse stick.

Deena grabbed Sam's hand and hid by the bleachers.

-Why are we hiding?, frowned Sam.

-Because once he starts yelling, his friends will show up. And we will sneak out through that door., explained Deena as she pointed at the door.

Sam nodded, understanding the brunette's logic. It didn't take long for the friends to hear his yells, taking the stick away. Sam and Deena ran to the door and ran out. Still holding hands.

-Hey! They're getting away!, yelled the ex boyfriend.

His friends and him also started running. The girls ran to Deena's car.

-The keys!, yelled Deena.

-A thank you would be ni-, started Simon.

Deena grabbed the keys from his hand and started the car, driving off as she saw the boys running after them through her rearview mirror. Sam was breathing heavily in the passenger's seat.

-What the fuck was that?, frowned Kate.

-Her ex., sighed Deena.

-Did you get to talk?, wondered Simon.

-No. Shut up., replied the brunette quickly.

-What did he want again?, frowned Kate.

-He got into the girl's locker room with a knife, looking for me., explained Sam looking out the window.

-What the fuck?, said Simon.

-Yeah. Exactly., replied the blonde girl.

-What can we do for him to stop coming after you?, wondered Simon.

-I'll talk to my mom., shrugged Sam.

-Or you can let me beat his ass up., suggested Deena.

-No. He would definitely win and we don't want him to get an ego boost., replied Kate.

-Hey, that's rude!, argued Deena.

-She's not wrong., added Sam.

-Ouch., replied the brunette.

-Anyways, I'll talk to my mom, she'll take care of it., repeated Sam.

-Okay., nodded Deena as she drove to drop off Simon and Kate.

Simon was basically Kate's neighbor so that made it easier for Deena to keep going on her path to her house. Once the two were out, she looked at Sam.

-Hey, uhm, can we talk? About...you know., started Deena.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨A/N: hello! I didn't have much time today to write but here you go. the only reason I updated today was because of one of you. Happy birthday @Aly808123  lmao not only do we share the same birth month but also the same name. anyways, consider this a birthday present from a stranger ig lol
WISH @Aly808123 A HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIR CLEAR SKIN!