I could hear their conversation come to a faint silence, indicating he would soon return so I moved as far away as I could from my door. Assuming the chair at my desk, I wait for him to come back inside. But he still hasn't.

My head was pounding almost as rapidly as my heart. There is nothing wrong giving a little kiss to someone I care about and someone who cares about me. Is there? What about me and Jasper angered Mr. Davis so?

I guess I'll find that out later...or at least I hope I do because now that Jasper and I crossed that line, it'll be impossible to go back. I needed to think of a detailed way to explain to him why it happened and why I told him no...Oh God, I told him no. What the heck was I thinking? That's a good way for any student to find themselves in the obituary page. Especially me.

When Mr. Davis returned alone, the level of my fear has suddenly inclined. It drastically changed the circumstance; everything came down on me at once. The tension. The adrenaline. And most definitely the regret of defying him. When I looked down, I saw a old fashioned carpet beater in his hand.

"You really believe that disobeying an order right now is the best thing to do?" He crossed his arms, exposing his harsh grips on his biceps.

"Can I please explain in your office?" I asked sincerely, realizing that my plan had backfired. "You said we would talk about it."

"Oh, and we will, believe me there are several things I have to say..." He stopped and put his hands to his sides. "But first I'm going to give you a good spanking for your insubordination and then for the other infractions."

"Well technically..."

"Technically? You're going to dispute this? We're in an enclosed room with various instruments and I'm wearing the heaviest belt I own, are you sure 'technically' is how you want to respond? Think before you answer."

I took a deep breath crossed my hands on my thighs. Taking this punishment right now is something I can't escape, the only one I may be able to is the one for kissing Jasper. I'll have to make my case then.

"No sir, I don't want to use technicalities. I'm sorry."

"What made you think that was a good idea?" He reached down to unbuckle his belt, pulling it slowly from the loops and then folding it over in his fist.

I shook my head in response, there was no point in trying to delay this punishment. I want this to go as quick as possible so I can get right down to Jasper and I. The agony of that decision was still lingering in my head, trumping everything in its path.

"Oh no, don't do that. Don't back-peddle Naomi. You made the choice to voice it, in front of others so now you're going to explain."

"Yes sir." I managed to begin, even though it did not answer his question at all. "I'm sorry...I just wanted to defend my actions with Jasper."

"Through disobeying me?" He asked that one clearly. "When I tell you to do something I expect it to be done immediately unless stated otherwise. You never tell me no and, if you object you certainly do not do it in the company of others!"

Taking a deep breath, I was trying to muster up and answer for it. But I had none. So I could only say, "O-okay. I'm sorry." I said quietly, slowly removing myself from my chair. "But Jasper and I..."

"Save it, that's a point of discussion for later. Right now, I want to talk about you and this defiant attitude. Let me give you some advice Naomi, do not anger someone when you want something from them. At least wait until after you get what you want. For instance, if I were to give you my approval, and that is a big if, that sure as hell was not the right course of action."