dealing with fathers and their sh!t - chap 1

First, lemme introduce you to the characters

Y/N Walton

Genevieve Walton

Genevieve Walton

Rafe Cameron

The rest of the cast

'What's it gonna be, Pope?' Y/N asked her cousin as he sat down at the bar

'What's it gonna be, Pope?' Y/N asked her cousin as he sat down at the bar. He was coming there every two days for a whole meal or at least a drink. He was one of her closest friends even though they couldn't spend much time together since they lived on the opposite side of the island. After Pope's mom, the only connection to their family, died they all stopped seeing each other.
Y/N's father always disliked his family, claiming they put pressure on her which played part in her illness.

'You know what.' He winked, tapping his fingers.

'Is John B picking you up after? she handed him the drink. Pope lifted his eyebrows, his eyes slightly widened as he looked outside then back at her. He reacted as if she wasn't being serious. 'Hell no. The storm is coming and I have to help my dad with at the store.'

'Oh, do you guys need help?' She asked impulsively. Y/N would like to do anything than spending another evening at home. The energy has been terrible since her mom's condition gotten worse. Their house felt as if they were in a hospital and they couldn't even see their mom for most of the time.

'I'm sure we can manage ourselves. You can come hang out with us tomorrow if you want.' He said, grinning.

'Yeah, I'm sure my dad won't mind.' Y/N scoffed, imagining how he'd react. 'We will probably have some other plans with the Camerons anyway.' She rolled her eyes.

'Camerons?'

'They are supposed to be coming back here tonight.' She sighed. 'And they're coming over.'

'Aren't you friends with Sarah Cameron?' He asked, his eyebrows sinking.

'Yeah, Sarah's cool. I just don't get why we gotta celebrate them like royalty' They both twisted their heads as a thunder hit the ground.

'It's getting ugly. I should go.' Y/N could see the horror in Pope's face as he jumped on his feet.

'See ya.' Y/N looked down, her lips circling into a smile. She would remember the times they were little kids playing in the garden with Kie and Sarah and when they turned 13 all of this would end. Everyone seems to hate each other now.

As she was walking towards her house she saw Ward Cameron's car parked in the front yard. She rushed inside because it had already started raining.

'We've been waiting for you.' Her dad was standing right there, having a huge smile on his face. Sarah was right behind him, running to hug Y/N right away.

'Hi' She sighed, out of breath because of Sarah's tight grip.

'Come on.' She pulled her hand. Wheelie was helping Rose in the kitchen. She could see Ward talking on the phone while Rafe was on the couch doing nothing. Although Y/N could feel his eyes on her back as they were coming through, he didn't bother to say a thing. It's not like they were ever close.

'Dad, where's mom?' Y/N inquired while she was being dragged away by Sarah. Her father gloomed at her without a response. She wasn't feel good. Again.

'I've missed you so much.' Sarah's eyes flared with excitement as she satdown on the floor and Y/N followed her moves. Sarah was feeling excited about something, Y/N thinking she was being quite selfish . 'Topper and I finally made it official.'

'He's gone with you on the family trip?' The Camerons left all of sudden last year because of Ward's business. At least they claimed that to be true.

'He doesn't go anywhere without Rafe, does he?' Sarah's rolled her eyes. That was, indeed, true. They've been friends since they were children. Topper was a bit like Rafe's puppet though.
Y/N felt like the only thing what Rafe made him was a bigger douchebag.

'How's your dad feeling about it?' This was the first time Sarah had a public boyfriend but Y/N wasn't afraid her dad would have a problem with him.

'He's okay with it, I guess.' Sarah seemed not to be worried. Y/N opened her mouth when Rafe stormed inside calling us for dinner. The girls got on their feet and followed him in the kitchen.

'Creep.' Sarah snaps at him quietly, pushing him out of the way. He licked his lips but said nothing. Y/N was hardly interested in the conversation as she played with the food in front of her. Rafe got up to answer his phone as Rose asked about Y/N's mother.

'I'm not going to lie, Juliene isn't doing well.' Y/N's father said, tears polling in his eyes.

'I am do sorry to hear that Stefan.' Y/N studied her face. No emotion. She didn't even care. Her eyes flickered with anger, tightening her wrist under the table

'I think I've had enough.' She dropped her spoon and left. She was angry at her dad for inviting people over as if his wife isn't dying and Sarah. If she were her friend, she'd ask about her mother, Y/N thought. She went upstairs to check on Juliene when the last person she wanted to see was standing in front of her.

'What are you doing up here?' She gazed at his face.
At first, Rafe seemed to be frustrated as he ended his call, clenching his jaw. He forced a smile before he spoke to her. He's become hotter since last year.

'I didn't get a Hi.' He smirked, putting the phone in his pocket. Y/N watched his every move closely. She gave him an unpleasant look wich made his smirk grow wider. 'I needed to make a call.'

'You can do that downstairs.' She snapped.

'It was private.' He explained, shifting his eyes around the place. 'Just dealing with my father's shit as always.' He frowned at her face.

'Need a shoulder to cry on?' She asked sarcastically making him scoff.

'Right.'

'Tell Sarah I'm going to sleep.' Y/N called after him as she clasped her room's door handle.

'I'm not doing you favours Walton.' He left her with those words. Camerons were supposed to stay at their house until the storm ends which would hopefully be soon.