3- Capricorn's POV

Hii! Sorry I haven't uploaded in ages but I'm still continuing with this book, I have a whole plot along with many side plots planned out. This chapter's a bit emotional in my opinion, you might not find it emotional at all, but just warning you in case you don't like sad things. The other chapters will probably be more upbeat than this. But anyway, enjoy! :)

Capricorn's POV
Tuesday 2nd September - 8:40am

Yesterday was the worst day over.

In the cafe, while I was getting more milk for my cappuccino, I got a text from my dad.

My mum got a heart attack and she's in hospital. She already had heart problems before, and my dad and I were worried something like this would happen.

And then, as if I wasn't in enough of a bad mood, that idiot Scorpio just had to bump into me and spill her stupid smoothie all over my favourite shirt. Maybe I snapped at her a bit too much, but she deserved it. That stain still hadn't come out yet after scrubbing it for an hour!

As I slump down into my seat for registration, Aries notices I'm not in a good mood. Libra's too busy trying to make eye contact with some random girl to see, as usual.

"You ok, Capricorn?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I say moodily.

"Sure?" He asks.

"Yes! Leave me alone," I snap. He turns away and I realise I probably shouldn't have been so harsh.

After reg, Libra, Aries, unfortunately Scorpio, and I all walk to the next class together. "So what class do we have next?" Aries wonders. "Power control," I say boredly, reading my timetable.

"Are you always this nerdy?" Scorpio asks rudely. "Are you always this annoying?" I snap back. "Rather be annoying than a pessimistic know-it-all," Scorpio shrugs.

"Rather be a know-it-all than a vile, toxic bitc-"

"Cut it out, you two! Can you please at least try and get along?" Libra interrupts me.

"Nah, I'm enjoying this, keep going!" Aries laughs.

Scorpio rolls her eyes and nobody speaks for a few minutes. "Keep rolling those eyes and some day you might find a brain back there," I chuckle quietly.

"Ha ha, it's obvious you got that straight from the internet. Try and be more original next time," Scorpio says drily.

"Seriously, stop arguing! Please," Libra urges us. "We're here anyway," Aries reminds us as the open classroom door appears in front of us. We walk in and the four of us quickly sit down at a nearby table.

"Hello, I'm Miss Columba, I'm your Power Control teacher, now let's begin. Capricorn, your form tutor tells me you're the most responsible, can you please hand out the textbooks?" The young teacher with pastel blue hair at the front of the classroom tells us.

I glow with pride hearing those words. I know I'm responsible, of course, but it's nice being reminded every once in a while.

"Ok," I reply, taking the textbooks she gives me and handing them out to everyone. "Sweat," Scorpio mouths to me when I give her a textbook. I pretend I didn't see.

"Thank you Capricorn, now everyone turn to page one. Each constellation representative who goes to Constellation High School has an individual power, because they aren't normal humans. Here on planet Htrae they can access their powers easily, but on other planets it may be harder, and planet Earth is the most dangerous planet for them, because if they stay there for a week their powers will vanish, they will become weaker, their constellation will no longer appear in the sky and they will permanently become fully human. And after a few weeks, they will die," Miss Columba reads out from the textbook.