Chapter 40

Alexander's POV

I wasn't a man that experienced fear in my life, but this one time was the exception. I was going ballistic at having Rachel taken from me. I could feel the old, harsh Alexander resurfacing and I was letting it happen. My body was craving for William's blood.

I held the wad of documents that was delivered to me seconds after I saw the scene in the bathroom and received those videos. I was seething as I read every word that was transcribed.

Liam walked into my study with a worried yet forlorn expression on his face. "I'm sorry, Alexander. Everybody's location is untraceable for the past 5 hours." I had my men dispatched at various parts of the city looking everywhere into warehouses, storage facilities and even vacant houses.

I looked up at him with fear taking over my whole body. This feeling was too strong for me to control and it only intensified each and every minute at not knowing where my wife was. I took an unstable breath and sat down when my legs gave up on me.

I shook my head frantically. "They won't do anything to her, not until I sign this," I said trying to convince myself more so than telling Liam.

Liam walked over and took the documents from me. His face scrunched up in confusion as he read it.

"Since when is Ashford and Co. yours?"

I glanced at my phone praying for a successful call from Jock or Lev who was out searching for Rachel as well.

"Since grandpa decided to put it on my name. I don't know how and when he did that. I never signed anything to say I want it."

Liam continued reading the documents and then threw it on my desk when he was done. "William want's Ashford and Co. and Viotto International Holdings? How greedy is this bastard?"

I stood up on unsteady legs with my mind playing the worst scenarios of Rachel. I needed this feeling to stop.

"I'll give him whatever he wants, Liam. I just need Rachel back," I said with my voice on the verge of breaking. Having her away from me made me so scared and angry. Seeing all that blood in the bathroom and knowing that she was hurt yet I couldn't do anything about it made me want to rip William's inside apart and watch him burn alive.

Liam grabbed the documents again and tried to make sense of it all. "This is... This is bullshit man. How did they even manage to take her?"

I rubbed my hands over my face not knowing what to do, where to look or who to contact.

"Three men posed as new guards and disabled the power to cut off alarm systems and cctv around the house. Then they knocked out the house guards with chloroform and tasers."

"William is using Rachel as collateral for the company. That was his best shot? He's fucking dumb," Liam scoffed out in distaste. 

Only thing was William wasn't dumb. He knew taking Rachel away from me would have me in his clutches and here I am, prepared to go on my knees in front of him and beg for her. 

My mind was going at a million miles per hour. Fear had finally managed to fully take over my body and I needed to kill. What if they had already done something to her? William had watched all of those videos of us together and what if he... 

If he dared to touch her...

I abruptly kicked my desk and then swiped every thing off in my fit of rage. "Liam fucking help me find her!" I yelled out finally falling apart. "Help me find her. Please. I'm begging you," I choked out with blurry vision. Tears welled up in my eyes and I just needed Rachel back.