the fifth

₍˄·͈·͈˄◞₊ ! 𓈒∿

ᝰ 🐰 ᝰ
[ 6 Years ago ]

He wasn't sure when his liking for boys started but he was finally fully aware when his parents told him.

"Mom, mom! You couldn't believe what I got!" Jaemin giddily smiled, he waved his arms around in joy as his mother put their dinner on the table.

"What did you get Minnie?" His mother asked, she sat down beside her husband.

"There was this boy named Sanha! He's really nice.." Jaemin grabbed his bag and rummaged through it to find a piece of paper. "He drew me this!"

He showed his parents a drawing of him and Sanha playing and laughing together, he handed it to his dad after he had asked Jaemin to.

"He's really cute too, I really wanted to hold his hand but I didn't get to.." He pouted and grabbed his fork to eat the pasta his mother had made.

His parents looked at each other discreetly, seemingly trying to communicate telepathically with their eyes.

Once they had understood what was happening they nodded and decided to ask Jaemin about it.

"Min, do you like Sanha?" His dad asked, making Jaemin pause his eating.

"Yeah! He's my friend, of course I like him." Jaemin smiled sweetly at them, to which his mother smiled back.

"I think your dad means—do you like-like him?" His mom questioned instead, she held Jaemin's hand across the table.

"M-Maybe, I don't know.. But I feel really nice when he talks to me and stuff." Jaemin pouted and sighed.

"Does your heart race whenever you're with him?" His father smiled, pointing at his own heart.

"Yeah!" Jaemin shouts happily, giggling to himself when he remembers Sanha hugging him when he felt sad.

"Aw, that's cute! Our son has a crush!" His mother clapped her hands together as she cooed at Jaemin who had his face flushed.

Though after that, there was a brief pause as Jaemin didn't talk. His parents looked at each other, confused as to why their son's smile suddenly faded.

"Does this mean I'm gay?" Jaemin asked, he lowered his head to stare at the half eaten pasta.

"Well, we can't say for sure because we're not you." His dad held his mom's hand as she chuckled.

"And before you say anything—I just want you to know that.." His mom trailed off as she stood up and crouched beside Jaemin.

"It's not wrong to like boys or be gay, alright?" She cupped his face in her hands, giggling when he nods.