5

Chapter 5

Harry woke up with a pounding headache from the yelling happening on 4 feet from his bed. Ron and Hermione were arguing about something he couldn't quite figure out, but what he did know is it was 8 in the morning on a Sunday and it was way too early for this.

"WHAT are you two arguing about at this hour?! And why is Hermione in the boy's dormitory?" Hermione scoffed and walked over to the boy who'd just woken up.

"Next weekend is the first Hogsmeade trip this year, and I wanted to go with my girlfriend, but Ron here doesn't think that's a good idea even though I love her!" Ron put his hands up defensively.

"I just don't want to hang around Slytherins! They're... scary!" He told her, hesitating a bit on his insult.

"No you're just being homophobic! It's not my fault or my choice that I like women and I don't live up to this stupid societal standard of heteronormativity but-"

"'Mione! Calm down. I think he was just saying that if we went with Pansy, Blaise and Malfoy would be there. I don't really think Blaise would be that rude but I can't stand Malfoy and I know he'll annoy us for the whole trip." Harry replied, backing up Ron.

"What? Are you homophobic too?! You're literally bisexual-" She quieted her voice for a second, making sure no one else could hear, "Why would you defend the patriarchy that is society, which still isn't being broken down-" Harry cut her off before she could finish.

"I'm not homophobic!" He exclaimed. Hermione put her hand up but before she could open her mouth to say anything he started talking again. "Fine- sorry Ron, but we'll go with her and the Slytherins and I'm not homophobic, nor is Ron." She smiled, nodded, and turned to leave the room. Harry felt around for his glasses, still unable to see clearly. Out of his sight, he didn't see Ron and Hermione smirk at each other and high-five.

When Harry grabbed his glasses, Ron grabbed his arm and pulled him up. "C'mon, I'm hungry." Harry laughed and followed him, still in his pajamas.

***

"We're going to Hogsmeade and you're going to properly meet my girlfriend." Pansy told Draco when he and Blaise walked into the common room. Blaise smirked and walked past both of them nodding, high-fiving Pansy on his way out.

"What do you mean I'm going to 'meet her properly'?! I've already met her! Many times, may I add."

"Look, I know you've met, but not well. You never gave her a chance just because she was muggle-born and because she's friends with Ron and Harry."

"Oh, so now they're Ron and-"

"Yes. Those are their names." Pansy interrupted. "Anyway, that's final. Now come to breakfast with us. Blaise has obviously already left, so we should catch up before he eats it all."

They walked through the corridors of the castle in a comfortable silence, until they (literally) ran into the three Gryffindors, also going to get food before their day trip to town.

Blaise waved and walked away again, not really caring, as did Ron, who tried pulling away Harry, but failed. The two of them walked off, not speaking, just hungry. Hermione and Pansy just made eye contact and scurried away smiling and holding hands, trying to catch up with the boys. Harry and Draco on the other hand, did not go anywhere. On the contrary, they both stood up and sneered, keeping eye contact.

"Nice clothes Potter. Where'd you get them? Your mom's closet? Or wait, you live in the closet, don't you." Draco's lips made a firm line as he finished his insult, not planning on saying anything about Harry being... not straight. Ever.

"Shove off Malfoy." Harry told him, rolling his eyes.

"Why? Are you late for a slumber party with the girls? Don't wanna be late, Cho's gonna use up all the face masks." He laughed. Harry balled his hands into fists, trying his best to restrain himself so they won't get into trouble, again.

"I said shove off!" He yelled. For some reason Draco wasn't satisfied. He stepped an inch closer to Harry and lifted his chin slightly, looking down on the shorter boy.

"What are you going to do Potter? Huh? Do you really think I'm scared of y-" Before Draco could finish his sentence, a fist collided with his jaw. He took one hand and wiped it, making sure there wasn't any blood. When he saw there wasn't he looked down and almost laughed at how quick he was to anger. Draco attempted to punch back, but before he could reach Potter's face, a hand stopped the punch.

McGonagall.

"I want to see both of you boys in my office at once!" They looked at each other with wide eyes and followed her. "I'm sick of you two boys and your shenanigans! When will you stop fighting?!" Both boys just stood across from her desk, looking shamefully at the floor. "It's too late for any kind of comebacks from either of you, I have already decided on your punishment. For your behaviors and lack of cooperation with myself, peers, and each other, you two will be moving and sharing a dormitory." Harry's jaw dropped and Draco looked like he was just told that the world stopped making apples.

"What?! Professor, please you can't do that to us!" Draco exclaimed, but was silenced by McGonagall. He huffed while Harry just bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I can and I will, Mr. Malfoy. I've sent Mr. Filch to retrieve your things and bring them into your new room. We've had a separate dorm room for years, but no one has ever acted out enough and as badly as you two for us to have to use it. Now I know that you boys can do better than what I've seen here today, and that is what I expect going forward this year." They both nodded and she let them both be excused and go to breakfast.

"This is all your fault Scarface." Draco said, once they were far enough from the headmaster's office.

"Just stop it Malfoy, we're already in enough trouble, and I don't know about you, but I'm actually hungry." Harry said, walking faster to get away from the blonde boy. He forgot he was wearing red plaid pajama pants, and everyone in the halls could see. Including his new roommate.