4

Chapter 4

"Blaise!" Draco yelled, startling the boy innocently reading in his dorm. Blaise looked up from the magazine Hermione let him borrow- erm- the textbook. He was definitely reading his textbook.

"Where were you? It's been like an hour." Blaise replied, hiding his textbook underneath his pillow, covering that with his blanket.

"Pansy and Granger locked me and Potter in the Room of Requirement and he was being annoying and insinuating that I was gay but-" He hesitated before speaking. Was he supposed to tell anyone?

"But he was proven right because right now you're sporting a hard-on." Blaise smirked. Draco's face immediately dropped and he stuttered, trying to find a way out of this. He wasn't gay. He isn't gay!

"You're wrong! But he called me gay! And-"

"And you think that's crazy because you're definitely not gay even though just talking to the boy made you-" Blaise cleared his voice, "Aroused. And yeah, he's bisexual. What a surprise."

"How the fuck did you know that?!"

"Um, it's kinda obvious mate. Besides, I can always spot another gay person, which is how I know that you, my friend, are a bit late on a sexuality crisis." Draco just blinked. What? Is? Happening? Today? The? Fuck?

"YOU'RE GAY?! How did I not know this?!" He sat down on his bed, falling onto his back, staring at the ceiling.

"Well, sort of. I don't really do the whole labels thing. But I like people, you know."

"Great, why don't you just have sex with Potter then! He said he'd love to do it with you!"

"Well he is quite attractive, but I don't know. He's definitely got his eye on someone else." Blaise replied, smiling at his friend, who was contemplating life.

"Since when- oh forget it. I'm gonna take a shower and forget about everything. Thanks for telling me. Just before you start dating someone, please tell me so I don't overload my brain again, thanks." He sighed, standing up and pulling off his robes and shirt and walking into the bathroom with a towel over his shoulder.

"Don't moan too loud, you'll scare the others!" Blaise joked, pulling out the... textbook from under his pillow, opening up to where he left off.

***

Harry walked over to the Gryffindor common rooms, very giddy and still a bit drunk.

"Woah, what's with you?" Ron questioned. Harry just shrugged and smiled, sitting down on the couch in front of the crackling fireplace. "Hermione? Help?" Hermione came down the stairs and just stared at the two boys: one looking like he just got railed, and the other like he just saw the first one get railed.

"Harry why the fuck are you so happy? You were just in a room with Malfoy." Hermione asked, almost laughing. "What, did you two finally make up over that stupid handshake?"

"No, he gave me firewhiskey!" He giggled. "Well he got it from the room cause the table went shaky and then he was like 'wanna have some fun?'" Harry smirked and lifted his eyebrows, in a failed (but hilarious) attempt to imitate Draco. "And then I had some but it was gross but I had more again because I wanted more." He smiled and Hermione and Ron just stared at each other in bewilderment.

"Okay, well why didn't you leave the minute you two stopped fighting? I mean, I was hoping you wouldn't but I didn't think it would actually happen!"

"We couldn't! There was a big lock that locked us, like locks do." He laughed. Hermione took Ron to the side of the room, leaving their friend helpless and giggly.

"I didn't try to get the room to lock itself. Neither did Pansy. I mean, we joked about it but it wasn't going to happen. I didn't even know it could happen! One of them had to have wanted the room to do that."

"But they hate each other! Why would they want to be in a room together?!" Ron negated. Hermione rolled her eyes and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Look, as crazy as it may sound, somewhere, deep down in their little psychotic hearts, they like each other. And yes, I mean as More-Than-Friends." Ron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and stared at Hermione like a deer in headlights.

"No way. Bloody hell Hermione how could you even think that! I mean sure, their fighting is really- and I mean really weird, and they're always staring at each other, and- and in sixth year I caught Harry stalking Draco multiple times, and they just got drunk togeth-" Ron's voice trailed off and he gasped as the realization hit him. "Oh Merlin- my best friend's in love with a Malfoy!"

***

The three Gryffindors made their way down to the Great Hall for dinner, when Harry tripped over... nothing? He turned around and saw Draco's sneer, along with Blaise's eye roll and Pansy running over to her girlfriend. Harry stood up, brushing off his pants and he overheard the two girl's, and Ron's conversation.

"We made him drink a lot of water and take a nap so he's not giggly anymore, and he didn't seem to have a lot to drink- he's a serious light-weight by the way- but still why did they drink together and now do this?!" Hermione asked Pansy.

"I think they're both just gone mad. Honestly!" Ron defended. Hermione had shut his idea down for the past two hours but he still stuck by it.

"Maybe they're both so love-sick that they don't know what to do." Pansy joked. Harry turned around upon hearing that.

"Huh?" He asked them. The three of them scurried away faster than you can say 'Mischief Managed', leaving Harry utterly confused. Blaise finally looked at Draco, who had been trying to get his attention for the past 30 seconds, but he was too busy reading whatever book was in his hands now.

Draco walked up to Harry, full of pride as he had successfully tripped the boy, something he had done many, many times before and really didn't need that much celebration but was receiving it anyway because, frankly, Draco Malfoy had outsmarted Potter.

They were standing only inches apart, noses almost touching, breaths hitting each other's faces, their sneers equally arrogant and obsessive.

"Potter."

"Malfoy." They huffed at each other. Draco looked Harry from head to toe, and the other boy just stared daggers into the blonde's eyes.

"I'm gonna go this way." Blaise said, crossing and speaking to no one in particular, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with the energy in that hallway. Neither of the two enemies broke their eye contact. They looked very odd to the rest of the people around them. Very. Odd.

"I want to talk to you." The Slytherin said, grabbing Potter by his shirt collar and dragging him into a nearby empty corridor. "What happened earlier, didn't happen." He growled.

"Not like I was going to tell anyone you're scared of your father." Harry replied, smirking.

"Not like I was going to tell anyone you want to have sex with my best friend." Draco quipped, knocking Harry's cocky expression clean off his face. His eyes widened and Draco raised his eyebrows, almost smiling.

"Malfoy if you say anything about that to anyone- and I mean ANYONE I'm-"

"What? What are you going to do, Potter? Hm?" The blonde laughed at the feather-haired boy who stood speechless for a moment. Harry took out his wand and held it to the underside of Draco's chin, pushing him back against the wall.

"Don't say anything about what either of us said or else you'll regret it." Harry said before briskly turning and walking away, wand in hand. Draco walked faster so he passed him and let out a breathy huff through his nose, bounding into the Great Hall, but not before casting another Trip Jinx on Potter. That one definitely left a mark.