The Plan

-Wattson-

I was nervous, and scared. Both for different reasons.

I knew that Tae would most likely never love me in a more than friends way, even if it was sad, and even if I hated the idea of it. So I came up with a plan. It would probably be really bad, but I had no other choice. It was either I confess, let it slip out during the year, or do this, and I would rather have a friendship than nothing at all.

I got ready, for both of the things. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and put on something red and gold, like we wore last year. I was sure everyone else would wear the same colors as well.

Then I made my first stop. Octavio's door. I took a deep breath, and knocked. I heard some shuffling inside, and I was pretty sure he said "wait" in Spanish. He came to the door and opened it, then motioned for me to come inside. He was also wearing red and gold, like me.

"Hey, Natalie! So, what brings ya here?" he said jumping around.

"Hello Octavio! So, I was wondering if you could do me a favor? Also, can you keep a secret?"

"Sure!" he answered. "Everyone thinks I'm bad at keeping them since I'm talkative, but I can still keep it!"

Unaware of the fact that he just said that so he could hear it, I spoke joyfully. "Thank you!"

"Anytime, sis. So, this secret?"

"Right. So, you know how Crypto and I are friends now, right?" I waited for his answer, and he nodded.

"Well," I sighed. This was going to be hard, but I had to do this. "I-I, I might have feelings for him."

There. It was out.

He gasped. "Well, what are you waiting for! Go tell him! Maybe this'll let Anita believe there can be love in the Games!"

"No!" I shouted, then realized how loud my voice was. "Sorry, but I can't tell him'" I said sadly.

"Well, why not?"

"He doesn't like me back! I'm sure of it!"

"Nat, you're a literal bat. How blind can you be? This is the softest he's gotten with someone! Well, maybe he was softer with that sister of his, but that should be expected. Anyways, he definitely likes you!"

I sighed. This is not what I came here for.

"Well, how do you want me to help? Give you all the reasons as to how he loves you? You should also have your own personal experiences with him as well!"

"I have personal experiences with him that could classify as romantic gestures, yes, but they were all by accident!" I said desperately, wanting to get to the point, but not having the heart to interrupt him.

"But romance starts with accidents, amiga! That's what the movies say! Well, what Ajay told me about romance movies. I can't sit still long enough to watch two hours of kissing. Anyways, what do you want me to do then?"

I let out a breath. "I want to hide my feelings, so what I want to do is pretend I have feelings for you, and then have you act completely clueless."

"But why?" he exclaimed, shocked. "I don't know much about shy-person-feelings, but I do know that this is NOT the way to go, amiga. You said you wanted to hide your love, not break his AND your heart! Are you sure this is a good idea?"

I sighed again. "You know what? I don't think it's a good option, but it's the only option I have."

I looked at the clock in his room. "I have to go now. Tae and I are baking instead of coming to the party!"

"Adios! Hope you have fun!" he said. He then smiled mischievously.

"Hope you have fun with your soon-to-be boyfriend!"

"Octavio!"