Chapter 8

"Bendy was a little devil thing

who was brought to life on the silver screen

Used to make 'em chuckle but now he makes 'em scream

It's bendy and the devils swing-"

———————————————

Thoughts... nothing but thoughts, bendy thought to himself.

He turned a corner revealing the pulley contraption that had carried non other than Henry across the dark cavern. The abyss below looking as dark and as gloomy as he had remembered it having been all those years ago.

He watches as you looked at the contraption curiously looking at the gears.

He turned walking off towards the nearby hallway saying nothing deciding to let you do your own thing.

He walked into the little room looking around. Henry had left the pump up... great... the ink was dried.

He looked down at the thick ink, or what used to be ink, all in the bottom having been drained over what feels like an eternity ago.

The ink machine must've needed that extra ink.

He sighs and turns hearing your footsteps.

"Nothing but dried ink. Though those things would've helped you. Now you got no way out of here." He crossed his arms leaning against the wall.

The glare he received in return confirmed that you were still mad at him, but he shrugged. "Hey i was just telling you, no need to get so mean."

"You act like a deranged teenager you know that." You said turning to look at the bottom the dried inky bottom, the place that used to hold the ink monsters they needed to get out of here.

"The gears were all rusted anyways... so how are we-"

"You-"

"WE supposed to get out of here." You said facing him crossing your arms.

He stared at you for a moment before saying nothing and turning down the hall. "I'll leave you to it."

—————————————
You huffed glaring after him.

You mumbled beneath your breath. "Did I forget to mention how stupid you are for letting a girl do all the hard work while you, a twig, go off doing your own thing?"

"I heard that! For your information I'm not a twig, I'm an ink-"

"Yeah yeah shut up already would ya I'm trying to think here." You said turning and looking around the cramped room.

You looked around for a moment before sighing. Maybe something in the other room...?

You turned walking after him, but when you entered the room he was no where in sight. Ha... typical.

You looked around the huge room, seeing the same contraption used all those many years ago to make gears.

You thought for a moment.

Ink... ink powered it didn't it?

You tapped your chin. If the gears from the machine were ink-

"BENDY I NEED YOU!"

Nothing.

You glared.

You turned walking off and looked around.

You went back to the library.

Maybe whatever that thing was, if she could find it, was the key out of this place.

If so maybe it was carrying the right type of ink for the job. Can't be to hard to find right?

————————————

Alice snickered crossing her legs watching the screens.

The remote in her hand.

"Typical human... always falling into the same old traps again and again."

She smiled and stood, the side of her face still almost as gone as when Henry had found her.

Though she had been killed by the... other Alice, she had managed to reform herself, the disgusting ink having writhed all over her body to form this shape.

A shiver ran down her body as she had remembered the screams of the innocents still in that dark abyss.

Their hands touching her... feeling her, hurting her. She growled lowly for a moment turning.

No matter, she was out now...

She walked to her little factory, full of heavenly toys.

She glared and slammed her fist against one of the bendy cardboard cutouts.

It crumbled to the floor.

"I thought I told you to stop leaving them here... Sammy Laurence."