Part eighteen [welcome back]

Start from the beginning

A foreign wide window greeted you, behind it peaked a barren tree, splaid over the cyan background of the morning sky.

You shot out of the bed, looking frantically around the interior with beads of sweat rolling down your forehead.

The room was spacious, with light yellow walls and a single lamp in a white glass casing. Narrow and tall pale shelves stood on the other end of the room, filled with books, toys, and picture frames. A blue rug in a circular shape incased the light wooden floor, complementing the dark blue desk and the small white office chair pushed in front of it.

You looked around confused beyond belief. Was this...a dream? In desperation, you pinched the side of your arm and frowned deeper once the image in front of you did not waver for even a second.

Looking down you also noticed an unfamiliar pair of pajamas, they were a little big for you, buttoned-up, made out of white fabric with thin red stripes. Running your hands across it your eyebrows creased feeling that the fabric was most definitely new.

Quietly you got out of bed, once again skeeming your gaze across the room as if something was about to jump out at you. The in quick unsure steps you made your way across the rug and over to the desk. It was supplied simply, with a single lamp, a stack of papers, and a cup filled with a pencil, a pen, and a couple markers. Then you skipped over to the tall bookshelves, to your surprise and further confusion the photo frames were completely empty. Well, I suppose it's better to not see a bunch of strangers in photos that are displayed in a room you were unfamiliar with yet slept in. That would further freak out anyone. Curiously you reached out and took out one of the books. It was a biology textbook for a sixth-grader... Taking out another one you once again cocked your head in confusion seeing a plane construction manual. You still had a hard time reading but seeing as most of the spines had titles written solely in kanji you could determine that most other books there were similar. Things for older people you were not familiar with.

You pushed the publications onto their respective places before pinpointing another thing you had to check out. The window.

Quickly you took a stool that was next to one of the shelves and pushed it underneath the window, climbing on you stood on your tiptoes and pushed your face against the glass.

The feeling of total and utter loss plummeted to the pit of your stomach as a thick wall of barren trees and an equally barren blue sky met you outside. Nothing that could determine your location whatsoever.

You hopped off of the stool, took a large breath before you started to pat yourself all over. Of course, your previous clothes were gone so the things that were in your pocket were completed lost. Which included the wasp...You sulked for a minute but ultimately that tiny bug gave you a tiny bit of hope. Maybe it would aid people in finding you. To your surprise, you found out that the necklace that Kohaku got you was still around your neck, you ran the tips of your fingers across the rock encased by thin metal, a comforting cool soothed your senses.

Looking up your eyes finally met the thing you dreaded the most. The doors. Painted light blue, simple but how terrifying, whatever was hiding out there was not at all afraid of simply taking a child off the streets if they wished to do so. Granted they haven't thrown you to a torture chamber...yet. Still, it was strangely quiet in the room and beyond it, even the trees outside stood completely still as if frozen in time, not concerned by any wind.

You tiptoed towards them, putting your hand on the cool handle as delicately as possible as to not make a sound. Then twisting it you pushed the doors forward, they were unlocked. Fear, as well as relief shot through your veins as the light of the outside, grazed your face before your heart nearly jumped out of your throat as someone immediately stepped into view. They grabbed the doors, forcing them still, their body towering over you.