Part seven [crumbs]

Parks were always a place in which you could sit back and unwind. Finding yourself a quiet corner and admiring the flowers and trees, picking grass from the ground and splitting it in between your fingers.

This time however it was a lot more chaotic.

And for a very simple reason. Toothly was with you.

The two of you were seated at the corner of an empty sidewalk, eating cookies you bought from a 100 yen store that had a questioningly plastic tinge to them.

Your body was hugged by one of Daikis dark green sweaters you stole from the boy on the way out. It was comfy, although maybe a little small and with holes tared up at the bottom.

"Hey look at this!" Toothly suddenly called out and pointed at the ground. A group of ants were running around and taking the crumbs of her cookie.

"Huh. There must be a colony not far away from here." You murmured pushing the last bit of your treat into your mouth.

The green-haired girl reached down and offered them another crumb, watching them rile around it. "That's so cool! H-h-hi! Hi!" Toothly stuttered in a tic but was careful to not stomp down onto the bugs. "I wonder if they know that I'm the one giving them the food or do they just see me as some sort of miracle..."

You scratched your chin. "What would you do if they knew it was you?"

"...I could rule them like a god... An angry god!" She smiled devilishly.

You snorted in slight laughter.

"I mean look at them! They cannot do anything to me I'm way bigger!" She puffed her chest.

"You know there are way more ants on earth than humans." You mused scratching the bridge of your nose. "If they worked together they could defeat anyone. Even a god like you."

The girl pondered over your statement for a couple of seconds before smirking. "True but they will never work together. And I have the cookie so I win!" She laughed like a Disney villain before once again leaning down and picking at the pastry in her hand to throw it down to the tiny animals.

You watched her silently for a couple of seconds before musing: "Ants are cool, aren't they? They build entire underground cities despite being so small and so insignificant, you could kill them by squishing them with your pinky." Leaning into your palm you smiled slightly. "And yet they keep on going."

Toothly looked down blankly at the bugs scurrying around the bases of her dirty shoes. She stayed silent for a good 20 seconds before reaching down and placing the entire rest of the cookie onto the ground.

"Not hungry anymore?" You asked a little surprised.

The girl pursed her lips. "They could use it a lot better than me...think for many could feed off of something so small like a cookie. Something that takes a few bites for me to eat..."

You giggled slightly.

"Hey what is it?" Toothly crossed her arms hearing you laugh.

"Seeing you with such a serious face is weird." You stifled down another giggle.

"Wha- I'm serious! In serious all the time!"

"Yeah yeah. Let's go now." You took her hand into yours and hoisted her up from the ground with you. "We shouldn't waste time sitting around."

"We already lost enough time eating those cookies," Toothly grumbled with her face slightly red.

"And who's idea was that?" You smirked.