"Thank you for shopping at B. Dalton's."

I know a boy just like you, hes a snake just like you

Y/n POV:

"Y/n wake up, you're going to be late for work!" Ryan, my brother, shouted from his room.

"But it's only 6:30! The mall opens at 8:00, and it only takes 15 minutes to get there" I pouted.

"Yes but you forgot we have to pick up Heather who lives farther away."

"Ugh!" I groaned rolling out of bed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the car

"Ugh why can't Heather just get her own car. Dont get me wrong I love her but it's just annoying to have to wake up extra early, drive across town, pick her up, and then drive back across town to the mall." I said rolling my eyes.

"I know, I know, she tried getting her license but failed the test so here we are." Ryan sighed getting annoyed with my complaining.

"And dont be so judgy, you are aware that you dont have you licsense either."

"Whatever." I said as we finally pulled up to Heather's house.

Ryan honked the horn continuously until Heather walked outside of her house.

"Jesus! You can't wait two minutes for me to walk outside?" She asked Ryan.

"Nope!" He grinned happily, finding Heather's irritation funny.

"Hi Y/n." Heather said rolling her eyes at Ryan's comment.

"Hi." You smiled at your friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the mall *almost closing time*

Heather POV:

" 'It began as a prank and ended in murder.' Fantastic choice. I love this one" I said to the customer holding up The Wrong Number.

"It's trash, low-brow horror" The woman said as I began frowning.

"It's for my step-daughter." The woman stated snottily.

"That'll be $2.95." I sighed heavily at her blunt rudeness as she payed for the book.

"Thank you for shopping at B. Dalton's." I said as I slid the book and receipt over to her.

The rude customer rolled her eyes and snatched the book off the counter.

"Have a nice night." I said sarcastically flipping her off as she walked out of the small book shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was closing up the store the phone rang loudly.

"Hello, this is B. Dalton's. We're closed." I said picking up the phone.

Y/n POV:

I was working in the back room of the closed B. Dalton's when I heard Heather answer the phone. I wondered who would be calling this late but ignored it as I got this strange, uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, almost like something bad was gonna happen. (Hmm I wonder why 🤔) I ran to the bathroom, feeling like I needed to throw up.

Heather POV:

"Ok, since when do you work this late?" Ryan questioned, on the other line assuming I had walked home earlier in the day.

"Since my mom used her last paycheck on scratch tickets instead of the gas bill."

I heard no answer. Then the line suddenly disconnected.