ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 1

Beginne am Anfang

Jasper pulled away slightly, his hands not relaxing, as if he would lose her completely if he let go. Willow made a small sound of protest and barely noticed the sound of the front door opening. "They're here."

"You're not supposed to be here." Willow pushed Jasper back slightly. "Charlie will kill us." The words came out in a laugh when she noticed the paint smeared on his clothes and some on his face.

"I'll meet you in your bedroom." Jasper leaned forward to press another soft kiss to her lips, ignoring the paint on himself. In the blink of an eye Jasper was gone. A trick she was getting used to.

"Willow!" Charlie yelled from the top of the basement stairs.

"I'm coming!" Willow answered back, taking a second to look in the mirror at her ruffled hair. "Damn you Jasper." She frantically tried to straighten her hair as she climbed the stairs.

Willow could hear her cousin the moment she stepped into the living room even though she was upstairs with Charlie. A part of her didn't want to go up there. It was a painful feeling that made Willow's chest tighten but she wasn't going to acknowledge it. Charlie was ecstatic to have Bella back and Willow would never acknowledge the jealousy seeping inside her.

When Willow reached the top of the stairs Charlie was showing Bella the bathroom. She caught the tell end of Charlie promising to put shelves in the bathroom.

"Right. One bathroom." Bella muttered as the two stepped into her old bedroom. Willow watched from the hallway, catching her first glance at her cousin.

She's beautiful. It must be with age because all Willow could remember of her cousin was stringy brown hair, pimples, and a big forehead. Bella had grown out of that. Her hair was a shining brown and her eyes were a dark brown. Her skin was flawless, no pimples in sight. Nothing like the 11 year old Willow remembered.

Somehow, that made the pain worse.

"It's a pretty good work lamp. The sales lady picked out the bed stuff. You like purple, right?" Charlies pointed to the bed set he had bought yesterday.

"Purples cool. Thanks." Bella gave it a glance before looking up at her dad. Charlie turned to see Willow standing near the doorway. 

"Willow, you forgot one of your paint cans in here."  Chalire held out a small can of navy paint.

"Sorry. I thought I got them all." Willow grabbed the can from his hands and gave him a tight lipped smile.

"It's alright kiddo." Charlie used one of his hands to ruffle her red hair before he headed out the door. "We'll head to the diner in about an hour."

"Can I bring Jasper?" Willow asked with a quick turn of her heel. She pulled her face into a pout and used her famous puppy dog eyes. Charlie just sighed and shook his head, his hands resting on his duty belt.

"Not tonight. Let's just have the three of us."  Charlie tone made willow certain that the topic was not up for debate. Willow relented and tapped her toe as she debated what to do with the awkward feeling in the room.

"Hey." Willow nodded her head.

"Hey." Bella shifted awkwardly from foot to foot.

"Welcome back." Willow crossed her arms over her chest trying to get a read on her cousin.

"Thanks." Bella shifted her gaze away from Willow, the awkwardness poured out of her in waves.

"It's been a long time." Willow stepped around her cousin to look down from Bellas window. Billy and Jacob black were already down there with the truck.