As the prince's personal doctor, June knew how the masked prince actually looked. The prince had got the scar when he was fighting at the borders.

June waited with baited breath for the question Ansel always asked when he took of the mask in front of him.

“Do I scare you?”

June looked straight into Ansel ice blue eyes.

“No.”

Ansel smiled softly.

“Good. I will free you—”
“—from my duties the day I get scared from your scars.”

Ansel’s smile never dropped, he nodded.

“But my dear prince,” June said as he helped Ansel up, “I am afraid, you have to keep me with you for the rest of my life.”

“I do not mind,” Ansel said as they entered the bathroom.

After Ansel entered the large marble bathtub which was built like a pool June began to prepare medicines for Ansel’s scars.

“I had told you to take me with you,” June said as he crushed dry herbs with a motor while sitting next to Ansel.

Ansel had stretched his arms over the surface of the pool and let his head fall over. He had closed his eyes letting the warm water sip through his bones.

“But you never listen,” June continued, “Whenever you go to secret mission, I always get scared. I always think about you and I—”

June bit his lips. The old owner had a habit of rambling mindlessly. He nervously glanced at the prince only to find him smiling softly.

“I-I am so—”

“I am happy you think about me when I am away. Other people just wants me to die,” Ansel murmured.

June kept quiet as he continued to crush the herbs.

“Did someone healed you before you came here?” June asked, “I saw traces of healing herbs.”

“The girl for whom I took the sword,” Ansel muttered.

[Male lead’s favorability rate towards female lead +10 current favorability rate : 15%]

June frowned at the favorability rate. He huffed and said nothing.
Ansel peeked at June who was crushing the dry herbs a little too forcefully.

“I invited her to be a herbalist to the palace, she will be learning from you,” Ansel said.

“I see,” June curtly said.

Ansel continued to watch June who moved around mixing herbs.

“I am done with my bath,” Ansel declared, “Help me up.”

June wrapped his around Ansel’s back and underneath his shoulder to leverage him, but instead of standing up, Ansel pushed June down.

June fell into the pool with a yelp.

June quickly grabbed onto Ansel’s arm and stuck his head out of the water with a gasp.

“You majesty! Wha—”

Ansel wrapped his left arm into June’s waist and pulled him to his left side.

June looked up at Ansel with a questioning look.

Ansel smiled at him and tapped June’s nose.

“Why do you look so gloomy?” Ansel asked.

“Your majesty, did you pull me down to the pool with you to ask me this?” June asked.

Ansel pretended to look thoughtful.

“Yes,” he answered.

‘I thought you only let me heal you since I was your personal doctor.” June muttered, avoiding Ansel’s eyes.

“If you can let a stranger help you, then I am repla—”

Ansel bought his other hand and covered June’s mouth.

“What you think is entirely wrong,” Ansel said, “You are so much more to me.”

Ansel dropped his hand and held June’s gaze.

June meanwhile was fuming about the audacity Ansel had. One time his favorability rate towards the female lead grew and again here he is flirting with him shamelessly.

June looked away turning red, when he realized the prince was still naked in the pool.

“Before I treat you I need to change, please excuse me, your majesty.”

Without waiting for an answer June pulled away from Ansel and got out of the pool. Ansel watched June go silently.

In the silent room Ansel muttered.

“Tu’er Shen , check if the supporting actor has any connections with the heavenly affairs."

[Yes, host.]

Fun fact : I think you guys know who Venus is. She is the Roman goddess of love. And as for Tu'er Shen he is the Chinese god of homosexuality.1

Reminder : If you guys forgot (check interlude) Heavenly Affairs is the company which bounded June’s soul with Venus.