Ian wanted to ask June himself but every time he asked, June would dodge the question skillfully.

Nora shook her head, "I am a new teacher so, I don't really know about the students but I heard some rumors here and there that he was coming to class but he don't have to stay for his board exam because of his health."

"So he is going to repeat next year?" Ian asked.

His mother shook her head and hesitated, "I think it is something you should hear from himself."

Ian gave her a funny look, "Okay," he said slowly.

After parking the car, Ian got out of the car but stopped when he heard Nora call him.

"Ian?"

"Yeah mom?" He looked at her.

Nora had went through a lot of difficulties after she discovered her husband's affair but she knew her son went through even a bigger turmoil. Something inside her finally breathed out freely after so many years when she first time heard about her son having a friend.

She gave him her brightest smile.

"I am so glad you have a friend."

***

As soon as Ian reached home, he flopped on his bed and let out a tired sigh.

Even though he was a neat freak and a study bug, he sometimes let himself unwind by doing absolutely nothing after school.

Just as he snuggled closer in his bed, he felt something inside his pocket crunch. Ian reached inside his pocket and fished out a piece of paper with a string of numbers.

He then remembered it was June's number.

"You want my what now?"

"Your number," June said as he bought up his journal close to Ian's nose, "Here write it down."

"You are bothering me in my class can't you leave me alone when I am at home?" Ian asked.

June rolled his eyes, "Being your friend means I get to pester you twenty-four seven."

"Ugh, fine" Ian muttered as he snatched the journal and pen from June's hand and jot down his number, "I will block your number once you contact me."

"I will pass your number to the all girls and single aunties then," June snapped.

Ian whipped his head at him, "Say that again?"

"Even if you are like a statue and look down on people like they are some speck of dust, they have eyes you know, they think you are...", June trailed off and let out an awkward cough.

"I am what?" Ian asked.

June pursed his lips and took in a deep breath, "You are an arrogant jerk but you are quite good looking so, they can't really hate you but find you good looking, they would want your phone numbers"

Ian shrugged.

"Oi be a little modest, say something," June slapped Ian's arm.

The slap didn't even hurt. Ian pretended to think and slowly said, "I am arrogant and I am handsome but I don't look down on people, I just don't see the need to talk with them."

June rolled his eyes, "Isn't it looking down on people?" He mumbled.

"Here," Ian said, and passed June the journal, "I won't be able to pick up the call, if I am doing homework so don't get too hopeful."

"Fine," June said, as he closed his journal and put it in the bag.

Ian turned towards his bag and took out the books for next period.

"Ian?"

He turned to look at June, "Yeah?"

June smiled, "Thanks for giving me your number."

"Why do you smile so much?" Ian finally asked. It had been bothering him for quite sometime.

June's smile widen, "Why are you asking?"

"Your smile makes me nauseous," Ian deadpanned.

June leaned towards him, his smile growing by the second, "Smiles are contagious."

Ian pressed his hand on June's face and pushed him away, "Don't worry, those contagious smile of yours won't effect me. I am vaccinated against them."

"Yeah but-"

Before, he could say anything, their English teacher entered the class.

Ian reached for his phone and dialed the number. He only had his mom and Euphel's number in his contact list and somehow adding another number made him feel weird.

Three times is the charm.

Ian snorted, "How can a wild boy like him be a charm?"3

Despite his thoughts, Ian pondered over what name he should save June's number as and finally typed out the name with a small smile on his lips.

Irritating Twat.

[Male lead's favorability rate for June Weng +5 current favorability rate 45%]

Ian placed his phone on the night stand and stood up. He began to peel his uniform off when he heard his phone buzz with a message.

Ian didn't bothering checking the message thinking it's from the telecom. He freshen up and went downstairs to eat.

By the time, Ian looked at his phone, it had around five messages from the same person.

Irritating Twat.

Ian tapped on the message notification and read the messages.

Irritating Twat (6:10): Hi! It's June!

Irritating Twat(6:12 pm): Dude, say something.

Irritating Twat(6:45 pm): Am I getting ignored?

Irritating Twat (7:00 pm): Henlo, Ian, are you doing homework?

Irritating Twat(7:45 pm): Am I getting ignored zoned? Ignozed? Although, there is no such thing as that but still.

Ian let out a laugh as, he read the messages. He send a message and got a reply immediately.

Irritating Twat(8:12 pm) : Why is your body a prison?"

Ian frowned at the question.

Ian (8:15 pm) : What kind stupid question are you asking?

Irritating Twat (8:16 pm) : Don't know the answer?

Ian (8:16 pm): No.

Irritating Twat (8:17 pm) : Because it is made out of cells! Haha!

Ian gaped at the message for a long time before a small laugh escaped his mouth.

The joke was really lame but it was funny.