DISCREET NOT DISCREET

Start from the beginning

June raised his eyebrows, now really wanting to throw the file at Finn's face and run away screaming but he had already took the advance pay so he didn't had much choice.

"Never mention you are single infront of  Mrs. Lan. She will hunt you down and fix blind dates for you until you don't get into a serious relationship with someone," Finn said, slightly shuddering as if he remembered a very bad memory.

June nodded his head quickly.

June gulpped as he watched Mrs. Lan, her face morphing different emotions of happiness and excitement.

"No..." He trailed off and bit his tongue for sounding so uncertain.

Mrs.Lan frowned, "But I just heard you mentioning you are single!"1

"That..." June trailed of, he bit his lips as he felt himself break into sweats at Mrs.Lan's intense gaze, "...I was talking with my friend who fixed a date for me so we were planning to met."

Mrs.Lan looked disappointed,"Oh," she said and slowly walked away.

Just as June bit into his sandwich, Mrs. Lan turned towards him sharply, "If the date fails come to me, I will fix you one."

June gave her a weak smile and nodded.

Mrs.Lan gave a satisfied nod and walked away.

After June finished eating his sandwich and went to make some copy of the materials required for the next class, when he felt his phone vibrate.

Noah: Dinner at Lan's Restaurant. 8:00 pm.

💍💍💍

Noah stared at his phone and smiled when he received June's "Okay see you later, alligator."

"What is happening to me?", he wondered to himself as he remembered asking his assistant about common dating places a man could like, as discreetly as possible.

"Miss Feng," Noah called.

Lea Feng who was organising some files, immediately froze when her boss called. She slowly looked at her boss, "Yes sir?"

Noah didn't looked away from the article he was reading, "Ten common yet romantic places to take your boyfriend for dinner."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked.

Noah didn't notice the effect the question had on Lea. Is he going to ask me on a date? She thought, blinking. No, Lea get your shit together you have a boyfriend!

"Y...yes sir," Lea slowly answered.

Noah looked at his assistant, his expression unreadable, "Where do you guys go to get dinner?"

Lea's eyes widen. Is he going to stalk her? Wait no, she has been working for him for almost five years now, he has never really showed any interest in her. Could this be something else? Her eyes sparkled when understanding dawned.

She looked at her boss and smiled, "We go to many different places and try a lot of things."

Noah nodded thoughtfully, "Where...where does your boyfriend enjoy going for dinner?"

Lea wouldn't stop the smile from growing as her suspicion started to get more clearer, "He likes going to Lan's Restaurant at the city center to get hot pot."

"Lan's Restaurant..." Noah repeated, he looked at her, "Is it romantic?"

It psychically pained Lea to not squeal and shout that her boss is being as gay as a rainbow and was being too cute. But she managed to hold it back, after all she was the longest female assistant who lasted with Noah, the others either tried to seducehim or just fell in love with him and got rejected. Lea was the most level headed person ever although her imagination went wayward sometimes.

"It is not but my boyfriend always becomes happy after coming from the restaurant."

Noah nodded, "Thanks."

Lea's grin was now comparable to a creepy clown's, "You're welcome, sir."

Assistant Feng kept shooting Noah wide smiles and fell into an endless void of squeals and giggles when she thought he was not looking. Noah was starting to get concerned about her health but along the line was wondering if he was discreet when he asked about places to take a guy for dinner.

Noah put aside those thoughts. He was feeling excited thinking about how happy June would be after they eat hot pot.

And for a moment he forgot he was going to get engaged after this year.

💍💍💍

I aspire to be someone like
Lea Feng.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

ʅʕ•ᴥ•ʔʃ