Chapter 7 Torrential Tears

ابدأ من البداية

He had offered to sit at the front to accompany his mother since Eun Ae preferred sitting at the back.

Like his mother, Jeong Eun was unused to how quiet the car was. Since his sister didn't need any reminders of their father now, the news was a safe option. Besides, he missed the morning news today because they had to send their father off.

"Of course, monkey." Ye Jin smiled, hoping it didn't come across as a grimace as she tousled his hair lightly.

The lights turned green then as the silent car readily accommodated to the news drifting silently into their background.

Little did Ye Jin know, Jeong Eun had been listening out for news regarding Singapore ever since Hyun Bin announced his travel plans. It kept Jeong Eun calm knowing that there wasn't anything too worrisome that would be detrimental to his father's safety.

It was the same today.

Now, all they had to wait for was their father's call that night.

Arriving at their kindergarten, Jeong Eun helped Eun Ae out of the car after they each gave their mother a kiss on her cheek. Racing hand in hand to their classrooms, neither of them noticed how Ye Jin's face had fallen the minute the children closed the car door.

Ye Jin sped off to the office once she could no longer see her children through the window. In a desperate bid to reach her office as fast as she could, Ye Jin drove like a maniac. Every single time she saw the orange glow of the traffic light, she would speed up.

Chasing red as one could call the way Ye Jin was driving. But it was a fact that Ye Jin didn't think she could bear with her emotions if she hit that one red light along the way.

It was a miracle that Ye Jin reached the office unscathed.

Dressed in her salmon pink linen suit, the clean clicking of her Christian Louboutin Clare Suede pumps was a direct reflection of the confidence that the director emanated. No one would be able to tell that Ye Jin was a wreck on the inside from how she was striding across the office rapidly.

 No one would be able to tell that Ye Jin was a wreck on the inside from how she was striding across the office rapidly

But that was just it.

It was how different Ye Jin was today that had some of the employees worried.

To start, Ye Jin almost always took her time before work to greet the VAST employees. She was early today so that doesn't explain why she was in a rush. Of course, it was possible she had an early meeting, which was why that still wasn't a cause for concern.

It was the smile – or rather, lack thereof – that had the employees incredibly anxious. No matter how senior one's position was in the company, they all knew that their chairman's wife always smiled.

Even when she was tired, she would smile, albeit not with those eye smiles that they adored, but she still smiled.

It was their chairman that rarely smiled. It was their chairman that often walked with hastened footsteps as though he was catching a bullet train.