Chapter 1

The dim lighting of the room accompanied by soft jazz music enhanced the sensual atmosphere of the fine dining restaurant at the central of New York City.

The raven haired woman who was seated right in the middle of the room managed to capture the attention of a few gentlemen within the room.

After all, among all other ladies, she stood out quite a bit due to her appearance and overall aura. She exuded a silent mystery and sensuality no one could quite grasp.

Part of it was her appearance. She was seen dressed in her finest red wrap dress and had her entire hair and makeup done as if she was waiting for someone, but nearly half an hour had passed by since her initial arrival and she was still seen without any company.

Around twenty minutes in, her meal was delivered. It was indeed a single portion of meal, a plate of medium well steak and a glass of red wine for one, hand poured by the butler himself.

"Enjoy your dinner, Madame." The butler politely served the meal.

"Thank you, I will call you later for the dessert." She reminded and the butler nodded before he left to tend to the other customers. She picked up a knife and a fork before starting to cut the steak from the edge. No trace of blood could be seen, the way she liked it.

A few of the gentlemen seated around her started to whisper to each other when they realized she was alone for the evening. A few of them hesitated to approach her because they knew she was out of their league.

"I am glad that I did not bring my wife here tonight so I can look at her without guilt." One of the older man told his friend, who agreed with him.

"Is she an actress or something? Why does she seem so familiar?" Another whispered to his friend. It was quite an unusual sight, men of high caliber gossiping to their peers about a woman at fine dining restaurant.

It was not like the high street bar where everyone checked everyone out, so that spoke a lot about her presence.

She was refined in every way, from the way she moved her fingers to cut her meal to her calm yet focused expression screamed elegance to them. It was not the boring, pretentious elegance, it was a seductive elegance.

Though women could certainly admire her. She seemed to attract more men her way. She seemed so natural at it. It was as if she was born that way.

Not every gentleman who had money had the courage to be in her presence, because they knew they could not keep up with her before the conversation even started.

Among one of those men who checked her out that night, was a young man of an old money family. He had his eyes fixated on her since the moment she entered the room. He thought to himself, such a beauty must be his for the night.

Fortunately, he came that evening with his friends and not business partners, it made it easier to approach her without the burden of professionalism.

His chance arrived when one of his friend, Anthony, challenged him to approach the lady. He provoked him by saying that such beauty would surely fall for his charm. Hearing that, of course, he just had to prove it.

The man stood up from his seat and approached her. She froze a little bit as he took a seat across her without even asking for any permission. She lifted up her gaze and found his smiling face directed at her.

"Milady, can I sit here and have dinner with you?" He asked, trying to come across as a polite gentleman. She did not pay him much attention and simply nodded.

"Sure, you can order your own meal and carry them over here." It was the first time he heard her voice and he had to admit, she had a rather sultry voice. Her tone was indifferent.

He found her a bit cold but since she did not reject him, he called the waiter over and ordered the meal he had ordered earlier to be delivered on the table instead along with the bottle of wine.

The man wanted to have her number. It was his goal. He wanted to seduce her and bring her back to him to the hotel nearby and had sex with her. Yes, that was his thought, but to do that, he needed to play it smooth.

"So, why would a beautiful woman like yourself dine alone here? Do you have a partner?" He asked with his noticeable British accent.

She had to admit, he was rather bold for a man to get straight into the point.

Some others would beat around the bush a little bit just to get her to lower her guard, this one just hit the bullet right away.

"Why does it concern you?" Her reply was short and disinterested. The man realized he had made a mistake by asking the question. He quickly changed the subject and introduced himself to her.

"My name is Darvin Noble." He held out his hand and she stared at it for a few seconds before she put down her utensils and shook his hand back, but she did not introduce herself nor did she have any plan to do so.

He hesitantly sat back and planned on asking about her name when she suddenly took a bite of her last piece and raised her hand to call the waiter.

"Could you bring the dessert, please?" The butler nodded and headed out to fetch her dessert. When he returned back, Darvin asked him for the bill early.

"I would like to make an early payment, cover hers as well." He handed out his card and the man nodded before heading out. After settling the bill, he turned to her and smiled, wondering if after having him cover her dinner bill, she would act a bit softer.

As she took a bite out of her dessert, she smiled politely at him and gave him a short thank you. It was the first time she smiled since their conversation started. He had to admit, she was ten times more beautiful when she smiled like that and he wanted to see more of it.

"Don't mention it. Anyway, would you give me your number? I would love to know more about you." She finished off her dessert before he could even go through his main course and smiled while standing up.

"I'm sorry, but I don't give my numbers to strangers." His face immediately fell in disappointment. How was it possible for a woman to refuse his request to have her number? It was the first time in his twenty-eight years of life.

Before her, the other women would immediately hand over their number just to be an acquaintance to him, especially after witnessing his generosity.

"If you're lucky, we may meet again in the future. I shall take my leave for now. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Noble." She flashed him a sly smile and expressed those words in the most seductive manner possible, gently brushing her arms against his skin and touched his shoulder for the last time before walking out from the restaurant.

He could not even stop her, because the moment she touched his shoulder, his entire body froze in place. It lasted until she was out of the room and when he realized what just happened, she was already gone.

His friend was watching the entire thing and with a sympathetic gaze, he approached him and patted his shoulder.

"Well, I guess you can't always win each time. Don't be too upset, we'll find another woman soon." He consoled but it did not make him feel any better.

He still wondered, how could a mere woman be so difficult?

Suddenly something rose within him. A strange sensation which seemed to bother him. He could not identify the emotion just yet.

All he knew was he wanted to see her again.

Darvin was determined to find that mysterious woman again.

It did not matter how, he would make sure that the two of them meet again to finish what he had started.

He would find out her name and then he would make her his.

Yes, that was his promise.