"Thank you for everything, Madame." The older woman remained quiet for a few seconds as if she was surprised by her action before smiling softly at her.

"We'll have a feast tonight to celebrate your birthday and a parting celebration from us. Make sure you're wearing your best dress. You can leave a day after tomorrow so you still have time to pack your belongings."

At first glance it might seem as if the older woman was rushing her to immediately leave the place but the young girl knew it was different inside.

Not wanting to trouble her any further, she simply nodded and thanked her before walking away to her room and got ready for the feast.

While she was alone, a million thoughts rushed through her mind. She could not believe it was finally time for her to move out of there. It has been two years since Madam decided to take her in there and taught her some really valuable lessons that school never taught her.

She knew she would probably miss everyone she had known there, from the madam herself, to the butlers, to her friends. But all good things must come to an end so better things could come.

On the other side, she was excited because a new chapter of her was about to begin. She could not wait to see what the world has to offer her.

There was still fear of the uncertain inside of her but she knew it was time to conquer it.

"Don't worry, Madame, I will make you proud." She promised.

Once she was done with the shower, she dried her hair and put one of her best dress, it was a red mermaid dress that was sewn by a butler inside the palace for her first party there since she did not own a single dress back then.

She thought it would be a memorable idea to wear it as her parting celebration dress as well.

After putting on a little bit of makeup and perfume on, she walked out from the room and headed to the feast hall. She would be the star of the show tonight. It felt odd since she had always been the quiet type who observed others and rarely ever took the spotlight.

Once she arrived in front of the feast hall's door, two of the butlers welcomed her and each held a door knob and pulled them to the side.

She saw that everyone had gathered in the room. She was the last person to be there.

"Welcome, my dear. Please, have a seat. The feast will begin soon." She nods and walk over to an empty seat on the other end of the table. There were eight other chairs beside the madame's and they were filled with her "friends".

"Everyone, thank you for being here. Tonight we will be celebrating Alena's eighteenth birthday and this will be the last feast we have with her since she will be moving out from here soon." The others were silent as they stared at Alena.

Some looked sad while the others seemed glad she would be out soon. Of course, in a house with so many people, it was difficult to get along with everyone. But soon, it would not matter anymore.

"If any of you have anything to tell or give her, you can privately approach her after the feast is over. But please keep quiet. We know some of us hate noises."

Soon enough, dinner was served. Indeed, it was far grander than their usual meal. Usually they would have one appetizer, one main course and a dessert for dinner, but this time everything was tripled. They had more varieties than ever, that's why it was called a feast.

Everyone was enjoying their meal. They spent hours there eating and chatting with each other. When the clock strike midnight, Alena was suddenly called by the madame.

"Alena, would you come here? There is something I would like to give you." She rose from her seat and approached the madame. The others stared curiously at her and the madame stood up from her seat.

"Now you are officially eighteen years old, my dear. I'd like to give you a birthday present." She rang a bell and a butler walked in with a tray on his hand. On top of the tray was a velvet red box with golden lining.

The madame lifted up the box and opened it up. It revealed a beautiful gold and diamond necklace carved like a rose. She gently asked her to turn around and put on the necklace on Alena, who was still standing in disbelief.

"This marks the beginning of your journey, my dear."

"Madame, it's beautiful. Thank you." She calmly thanked her but there was hint of excitement in her voice. The older woman placed her hand on her shoulder and once again stared deeply into her eyes.

"I hope you never forget who you are, Alena. Remember, you are my beautiful red rose and those who desire to have you must be willing to bear with the thorn."

Alena stared back at the madame and grinned.

"Yes Madame."