Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Oh, shit," Jeno exclaimed.

"Whatzit?" Renjun said, on the verge of passing out after two days of straight gaming.

"Jaemin's mom wants us all over for New Year's."

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah." Jeno gazed at the text for a brief moment, contemplating. "You think Donghyuck could make it if I told him we were going?"

Renjun snorted and tucked himself underneath Jeno's wing. "He would be stubborn enough to fly here himself if his family didn't allow him."

Jeno furled his wing closer to Renjun's body and carded a hand through his, admittedly, greasy hair. "True," he muttered absent-mindedly. "You think Jaemin knows about this?"

"Jaemin's parents wouldn't do anything without his consent."

"True."

A beat passed.

"Why aren't you texting her back?" Renjun whispered into the material of Jeno's shirt.

Jeno stiffened and shifted under Renjun's inquiry. "I don't know if Jaemin really wants to see me, though." He leaned his head against the crown of Renjun's, blinking away the stray strands of matted hair. "I mean, I was the one who insisted he removed his binders. Even though he clearly wasn't ready to show his wings to us."

"Then ask him about it at the fucking party," Renjun bemoaned, curling his limbs around Jeno's body. "Don't puss out just because you feel guilty. Trust me. It's not worth it."

Jeno wrapped an arm around Renjun's waist and squeezed him closer. "I guess I should take advice from an expert, huh?"

Renjun's palm smacked weakly against his stomach. "Shut up and text Jaemin's mom and Donghyuck so that I can sleep in peace."

Jeno took a moment to do just that, receiving replies from Jaemin's mother and Donghyuck, respectively: Great! I'll let Jaemin know! :); fuck i'm not ready for another family confrontation. Followed quickly by, alright give me thirty minutes and i'll have my parents packed and ready to leave first thing tomorrow.

Jeno tossed his phone to the other end of his mattress and pulled the comforter over his and Renjun's body. He kissed Renjun's cheek and murmured, "Sweet dreams, babe."