Part 2 - Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"Oh sure thing . " He replied , placing the ring onto his left index finger.

Inside the gift box was a ring with a gold band and a beautiful blue stone set at it's center . 

"My , it compliments your eyes." I observed . 

Maximus had bright blond hair , paired with ocean blue eyes with hints of grey, which was both quite common. He was slightly taller than me , along with him being more muscular .

Once he placed it on , i broke out into small smile . 

"Max Reese." I stated . 

He froze, mid-sip . 

Lavina handed me the report her little sister wrote at my behest, I then proceeded to read off the main points .

" Max Reese , illegitimate child of Viscount Aconite , and son of Seraphina Reese . A commoner. Was reported missing 3 years ago, the same year Seraphina Reese succumbed to the White Plague. " I continued, casually sipping my tea.

"W-what does that have to do with me?" He said, slightly nervous .

He needs to hide his emotions better . I can feel even the most subtle changes in his mana flow

"Maximus Aconite , second son of House Aconite . Strong mana for a son of House Aconite, which has been on the decline. Ignored by Viscount Aconite , abhorred by the Viscountess, hated by the first son . 

Now tell me , why is that?"

He broke out in a cold sweat , his mana flow speeding up.

Got ya . 

"It's no use , don't bother hiding anything . I know all your secrets , Maximus or should i call you Max instead? 

Taken in by the Viscount to be made a pawn for marriage when your mother left for the garden above  . Forced to wear the twisted mask of the second son of House Aconite , to obediently serve the very man that did not save your mother no matter how much you begged . 

I know everything ." I read off dryly , like reading a to do list.

He snapped out his stupor , defeated , slumping against the couch . 

"What do you want ?" He said, emotionless . 

"Let's go on a field trip !" I said , brushing away his question .

"Oh and the ring you are wearing is a magic contract stone , if you ever say anything compromising it will activate , and trust me when i say that the consequences are not a happy one . " I added. 

"T-there's no such thing!" He said quickly standing up , fear evident in his eyes , his perfect mask falling right off.

" There is , i just invented it . Now be obedient and follow me." I said , getting up to leave the room. He followed me, on guard the whole time . 

"Give me time to change , i suggest you do so too. Where we're going frowns upon those with wealth . " I said , heading towards my room to get changed. 

I put on the very familiar by now blue and white outfit , my two favorite colors . The outfit was custom made by me using special thread that i infused with my mana, though in light colors , it would never dirty because the thin field of mana around it prevented dirt from touching it . 

The skirt stopped just short of my knees , the perfect length for the most mobility while not appearing crude . It boasted long sleeves for colder days , sleeves , which were not necessary as since i was an ice and water magic user , both did not affect . No matter how cold it was , i would never feel cold .  

It had a white bow tied around the waist , the bow showing on the side, with the outfit not overly decorated . The outfit was light steel blue , transitioning to white closer to the skirt helm . 

For the final touch , i wore the knee high leather boots along with the numerous accessories scattered around my body.

When i reached the entrance chamber , i saw Max dressed in a shirt simple pants.

I guess that will have to do

"Alright, ready?" 

Hearing my voice , he looked up . When he saw me , his ears turned red.

"I-is that really appropriate for a noble girl ? " He said , averting his eyes . 

I chose not to answer his question, silently boarding the carriage that was prepared, directing him to do the same . 

----------

Word count : 1356