Prologue : Into the new world

I guess I have to introduce myself, my name is Thomas and I'm 16 years old high school student. I live with my brother and little sister. I don't have many hobbies except making a doll, something that I learn from my late father and playing card games mostly Yu-Gi-Oh. Though I only watch some duel clips and AMV from YouTube I like and enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh very much, not much of a reason maybe but still.

Anyway if you ignore some meta OTK deck or the tons of negation galore, Yu-Gi-Oh can become one of the best card game with the variety of archetypes and the summoning method with the XYZ as one of my most favourite ranging from the galaxy eyes,utopic,suship,train deck,gimmick puppet, and many more.

I personally like gimmick puppet deck mostly because of their game mechanics which taking advantage of the enemies monster field and destroy them with monster effects such as giant grinder and string, though all of their designs are creepy as hell I still like them mostly because I like doll theme card, the same for nightmare doll deck even though they are a non-meta deck and for casual play.

"And that's it."

I close the wardrobe and stretch my arms and sit down on the chair.

Right now I'm inside my room after some daily chores and I have to say that my room is one hell of a mess, takes an hour to finish cleaning and put some cards back in the box.

"Well since I'm finished here let's grab something to eat and go to the game center."

I sat up and put my gimmick puppet and nightmare doll deck box into my bag and was about to leave until I spot a card laying on the ground.

"Huh? Looks like I miss one."

I crouch and pick up the card and look at it, it's spell card rank up magic argent chaos force, weird isn't it in my deck box?

"I must have forgotten to put in my deck box or something."

Right when I'm about to put the card in my pocket the card suddenly shine bright purple light.

"What the...!!"

The light is so bright that I have to cover my eyes. The light keeps going for few seconds until it goes down.

"Well, that's wei....eh...?"

Before I could think of what happened I feel like my strength is leaving my body and the next thing I knew I blackout.

"Ugh..."

I start to regain my consciousness and woke up to see that I'm on my bed(?) Although for some reason it feels weird.

I sat up and look around the room.

'Did brother put me on the bed or something...?'

I froze up to touch my throat, wait this is weird I don't know why but I feel something different with my voice, And why the hell am I speak fluent Japanese as if it's the natural thing to do, I may know how to speak Japanese but not to the point that I can start a conversation with.

I jumped out of the bed and start to look around the room carefully. Now that I think about it this isn't even my room.

"Am I being kidnapped or something..."

Now that I think about it, why do I feel like I suddenly get a little bit taller? I walk to the nearest mirror and get shocked at what am I seeing.

The one in the mirror is a young man around my age, a sharp facial features, spiky layered red-purple and yellow hair and red eyes, and the most noticeable thing is a cross-like scar running down the right side of this face making him look so menacing.

I touch the scar and make a small movement to see that my reflection doing the same.

"Is this me..."

This is hard to believe, not only did I get taller I suddenly become from your average Joe to some handsome man with a weird hair colour that you can find in any anime, the weirdest thing is that.

Why the hell am I look so 2D? Now that I think about it everything around me looks so animated, It feels like I'm watching anime with high spec VR.

"Argh..!!"

Suddenly I fall to the floor and got a massive headache, and suddenly some memory starts to get in my head like a torrent of water.

After a long 5 minutes, the pain stops slowly and I start to stand up while panting.

This body belongs to a guy with the same name as I am but a different surname Thomas Arclight. His father is a researcher and card maker working in Leo corporation while his mother an owner of a sweet shop, his brother is 3 years older than him while his little brother is 2 years younger than him. You can say that he has a happy childhood until when he turns 10 years old when a great fire starts at his house and claim the life of his family. He survives the incident with leaving a scar on his right eye and a trauma, after that his uncle from his father side adopted him and start to live in Japan. He plays Yu-Gi-Oh or in this case duel monster and always dream to become a professional duelist like his brother and fill the emptiness in his heart claiming that it is the only thing that makes him move forward.

Though as time pass he still feels like something's not right like something is missing.

And so 7 years pass and he decided to move to maiami city to participate in the maiami championship to become a pro duelist just like his father who later retire and become a researcher, and so here I am...

'And as for why am I here...'

I look at the desk to find something that looks like a modern duel disk, gimmick puppet cards tho it's not mine(I just know), my nightmare doll cards.

'tho I don't know why the hell a cardfight vanguard card doing in a Yu-Gi-Oh world...'

And most importantly the thing that brought me here in the first place.

"Argent chaos force..."

I don't know why am I here, why am I inside the body of Thomas archlight and why do I get a feeling I've seen him somewhere before.

'only time will tell'

I look at the time (which show 08:15) and look over all of the stuff again, let's see where will the adventure taking me...

TO BE CONTINUED