outside the door was metal steps. there was a view of the city below them with dim yellow lights lining the wall of the building.
"this staircase leads to the roof. but I prefer sitting here more" she walks down the stairs and jeno follows.

eunha sat down midway down the steps, legs pressed together and hands on her lap. "this isn't a very private place but I like coming here to arrange my thoughts especially when I'm sad" she pats the empty space beside her and jeno sits down. "come here for alone time eh"

eunha nods. "it gives me a great view of the moon too. the moon gives me a lot of comfort especially since I live alone with only my dog as a companion"

jeno tilts his head. "how does the moon comfort you?"

"well, sometimes I believe Chang-Er is looking down at the world from the moon with her rabbit. I don't know why but it comforts me knowing I'm not exactly alone. even if I'm just imagining everything." she explains, playing with her fingers.

the male beside her laughs awkwardly. "uh... heh... what is a Chang-Er?" he says, trying his best to pronounce the foreign name the same way eunha did.

"oh I forgot... you don't have Chang-Er in your culture. well, she's basically the moon goddess and is one of the reasons why we celebrate mid autumn festival. chuseok for you"

he nods slowly. "ah... wait- so you're not Korean?..."

"I am. but also a quarter Taiwanese mixed with malaysian Chinese. hehe. my bloodline is a bit crazy"

"I did not expect that at all" he says. "especially since your name is like any average korean.... jung... eunha. you know"

"I get that a lot" she says. "you'll just never know until I tell you" her head falls to the side, leaning on jeno's shoulder. "the moon is really pretty... and it's shining so bright tonight"

"you know what else is pretty?" jeno says

"cheesecake"
"you- yeah cheesecake"

jeno purses his lips, blinking slowly in disappointment.

"me or food? "

"stay in your lane, jeno"

TURNING off the lights and jumping back into bed, eunha gets comfy under the covers, bringing her favorite stuffed bunny to her chest with a content sigh. she feels jeno sneak an arm over her waist, leaning in to rest his head on her shoulder. "guess we don't need a pillow wall tonight huh" he grins.

she turns her head to look at him. "mhm. no need for distance anymore I guess" she says with a small laugh.

the room was cool, curtains closed shut and the fabric flowing slightly from the wind outside.
the room was dark with nothing but the small light coming from the moon, shining through the crack of the curtains.

jeno sighs happily, removing himself from eunha and lying properly on the bed, hands on his stomach. his shirt riding up his torso under the covers. "I can't believe I actually have a girlfriend... "

eunha gets comfy and smiles at the statement. "and I can't believe i have a boyfriend"

they both look at each other the same time and jeno turns to his side to properly face her with eunha doing the same.

jeno smiles. "c'mere" he opens his arms and eunha gladly scoots closer into his welcoming embrace. jeno stiffles a little giggle, wrapping his arm around her protectively. he looks down at the heartwarming sight of eunha pressed against his chest, little rabbit plush swuish between the both of them.

he rubs his hand soothingly on his back, pressing a kiss on her forehead since he finally could.

"goodnight, girlfriend"

"goodnight, boyfriend"