Appetite

Tom stood underneath the warm water of the hotel shower. It had been at least fifteen minutes since he stepped into the walk in shower, not yet cleansing his body. Thoughts of their meeting flashing through his mind like a good porno. Although Tom was never one of those guys who really was excited by porn, he'd rather have the real thing than to watch two actors pretend to enjoy scripted sex. One o'clock, he was supposed to be at that address and one. He sighed nervously.

Thinking about her smell, touch, the look of her lipstick smeared by his mouth. The taste of her. He snapped back into reality, and quickly washed up and hopped out before the water ran cold. Picking up his mobile device from the sink counter, 11:40am, he sighed setting it back down. grabbing a towel wrapping it around his waist. He wiped the mirror, looking at himself, he knew he wasn't unattractive but he wasn't a cocky individual. 

Flipping through his suitcase he was trying to figure out what to wear. He decided on a white V-neck, jeans and a black blazer. Smiling. He checked the clock again, 12:15. Grabbing the small white paper he shoves it in his front right pants paper. Grabbing his keys and wallet as he leaves his hotel room.

---------

Y/N had been aimlessly flipping through channels for the past 20 minutes waiting for her Uber. She must have changed her outfit 8 times, before deciding on skinny jeans, black sweater dress with an open back and red ankle boots. Her hair up in a loose messy bun, with few strands of hair down at each side of her face. Her lips a berry color, with light amount of make up.

Her cell pinged that her Uber was outside, She got up grabbing her clutch from the end of the bed. She headed downstairs and out the lobby front doors. Her heart racing as the car got ever closer to her destination. Her knuckles almost turning white from the grip on her clutch. Breath y/n tells herself, few more blocks; she can see the sign to "Bill's Restaurant". When arriving she took a moment after paying the driver to collect some breaths before going in.

The esthetic of the place was darling, there was book shelves covering the walls and a dark staircase going upstairs. She chose a quiet table in the back between a wall with art and one with books covering it, her back facing the door. Y/N's heart was thumping in her chest so hard that she could feel her pulse through her neck. The waiter came up and offered a water, she asked for two and a pot of tea. 12:53 she reads in the corner of mobile. She freezes suddenly feeling a large hand on her bare back and breath on her neck.

"Afternoon Y/N" he whispers against her ear, "You look gorgeous."

Y/N looks up at him just in time to see him seat himself in front of her. "Thank you, you look," takes a moment to take him in and his simple outfit. "Handsome." she smiles.

The waiter came up with the tea and waters. "Would you like to order now or take more time to look?"

Tom  smiled up at him. "Just arrived, haven't had a chance to look yet, sorry."

"It's no problem. I'll be back momentarily." they both smiled at him before he departs.

Y/N picks up and begins to scan the menu. 

"Tea?" Tom asked with teapot in hand.

"Yes please."

"How do you like it? He asks.

"Hot." She retorted giving him a devilish look. He blushes at her remark. "Milk and two sugars please." 

He pours both of them tea's, and picks up his own menu. "So tell me a bit about yourself?"

"What do you want to know?" She askes looking up from her menu.

"How old are you?" He asks.

"Don't you know never to ask a lady her age?" Y/N smirks picking up her tea cup and taking a slow sip. "Younger than you." She playfully replies.

He looks a little nervous, from her appearance she looks younger.

"Oh don't worry now, I'm not that much younger."

"25?" He asks. Though she looks to be younger he knows she's very much of age.

She laughs softly, setting her cup back down. "33, next March."

"So that means you were born in the year..." He was testing her. She knew this

"89'" she retorted quickly. "I know your 40."

"Does that bother you?" Tom asks.

"Not at all, should it?" Y/N answers.

 Tom shakes his head no, he seemed pleased with her answer, looking down at the menu in his hands. "What sounds good?"

"Nothing that's served here," She says not looking at him. "But I'll take the Crispy Calamari."

He looked up at her still eyeing her menu while biting her lip playfully. He wanted to make a dirty response. He wanted them to be alone in the restaurant, to take her right now on this small squared table. Just than the waiter walks up.

"Have we decided on lunch yet?" He asks gently.

Y/N looks up from her menu. "I'll take the crispy calamari." she hands him her menu.

He turns to Tom. "And for you sir?"

Tom sighs, looking up. "I'll take the mini Cumberland sausages and stone baked bread." Tom hands his menu to him. 

"Coming right up." He smiles taking the menu's and walking away.

"So what do you do for a living?" He asks before sipping on his water.

"I'd a pediatric nurse."

"Oh, do you enjoy it?" He asks smiling.

She sips on her water. "I love it."

He smiles at how bright her eyes got as she talked about her job. They sat there for the next two hours talking about their childhoods, hobbies, favorite colors; books and art. Tom loved how stimulating the conversation was, how she could hold her own. He found the way she got embarrassed each time she had food on the corner of her mouth to be adorable. 

She loved his laugh, how educated he was and how he spoke of art and literature. How his smile reached the corner of his bedroom eyes. How he'd run his large hand through his hair, or over his neck or lips. It's wasn't done purposefully but the movements were a turn on. She couldn't help to bit her lip every time he he slowly ran his fingertips over his own mouth. 

"When do you go back?" Tom asks.

She smiles. "Tuesday, unfortunately." She peeks at the receipt that was placed on the table a while ago, and reaches for her clutch to pull out money for the meal. Tom stops her by softly placing his hand over hers.

"Let me please." He places the money on the top of the table. Quickly standing up he pulls her chair out for her.

"Thank you Tom."

He makes eye contact. Getting lost momentarily. "You're welcome," The head towards the door, holding it open for her. "I had a great time Y/N."

"Do you still have that paper I gave you with the address on it?"

"Yes." He pulls the crumbled paper out of his pocket, and hands it to her.

She takes a pen from her clutch and writes her number on the back. Handing it back, grazing his hand, they make eye contact. She smiles before reaching up on tippy toes to kiss him heatedly. After what seems like minutes they pull apart. 

"See you." Y/N says softly before waving down a taxi and driving off.

Tom looks at the paper seeing her number. Smiling to himself, he sends a quick text."

"I know this may be too soon to text and men are "supposed" to wait at least a week to text but just wanted to say... Yes you will."

Y/N is still reeling from their date when her phone pings, smiling at his text, and smiling out the taxi window.. but when?