17: Where's Xingguang Xian?

Start from the beginning

"Defected?" An alluring and cunning voice, laced with evil, chuckled. "Or kicked out?"

"ZHANG HULI! Zhongliang, you better control that woman of yours!"

"Huli."

Zhang Huli, the traitorous Mistress Vixen, snickered and looked away.

"Your wife's too talkative, Zhongliang."

"At least not too silent and dull like yours!" Zhongliang huffed and downed his wine.

"Xiaolian isn't dull, she's just more understanding and all-enduring."

"Hmph, all-enduring. Must be a Wei trait," Huli mumbled.

Wei Xiaolian, Wei Wuxian's long lost sister, sighed and looked down at her own bowl of wine. I wonder if Wei Wuxian knows he has a sister... Even if I do meet him, he'll probably ignore me. He's a hero. I'm a villain's wife. 

She gulped down her all her wine. Not that I care, I can't help but weirdly love this man. So who cares if he's my brother? I'll kill him if Jiuyue wants me to, she thought as she grabbed another jar from the counter.

"SO! Now that I've mastered all the demonic skills you know, what am I to do? I want to know how far this last skill of yours works. Arousing corpses sounds interesting!" A wicked grin stretched across Nie Jiuyue's scarred face.

"Well, you could always test it..." Liu Zhongliang winked.

The wicked grin grew wider at the thought of sheer massacre. "Hm, since the people here have bee eyeballing us for a long time now, better let them know who we are, eh?" Nie Jiuyue smirked, rubbed his palms with evil excitement and walked out of the inn. 

**********

"You mean to say Wuxian-di is undercover?"

Jiang Cheng nodded.

"But why on earth is he going around spying?"

"Well, what do you expect? He'll sit around doing nothing for months? He's doubtlessly bored to death! Been over two months now. We all know Wei Wuxian's not the one to lie back and relax when a villain's on the loose."

"Mn," Lan Zhan nodded. 

"Lan Wangji, are you up for it?"

"What?"

"Going to Dazhou?"

"Mn. When?"

"Wait, Wanyin, exactly which of us are going?"

"For now it's us sect leaders. Jin Ling has already informed Lan Sizhui. Obviously, Lan Wangji and Chen Xuanji too. Other than that... We better take some disciples from our sects."

"Mn. Leave Jingyi to take care of things," Wangji told Xichen.

"And we'll take Lan Hao and a troop of seniors. We won't need much if the Nie troops are coming, right Wanyin?"

"Yes."

"Then... When do we set off?"

"Nie-xiong said as soon as possible..."

Knock! Knock!

"Come in!" Xichen called out and Wangji opened the door with a swing of his hand.

"Zewu-Jun," Lan Hao came in and bowed.

"Hao? What is it?"

"Just got an immediate call from Chief Cultivator. The mission you're about to set off on has to be brought forward to 'right now'."