✞Different✞

Alara hart

"Wow. look!" Amy says and points to the "hottest boy in school" coming into our math class.

"What?" I ask and look over at him.

He's not even all that. He has dark black hair, sliver eyes, and abs, I don't know if he has abs or not, it's just a rumor. Sliver eyes are hot but he's such a jerk.

"It's the hottest guy in school!" She yells in my ear, so only I can hear her.

He sits down next to his best friend, max, and they start talking.

"Peter Anderson isn't all that, if you ask me." I say and roll my eyes. Everyone has a crush on him. All the girls love him, and all the boys want to be him.

"You say that all the fu- freaking time." She says and laughs at herself for almost making a mistake.

The math teacher finally hangs up on the school phone from a teacher or whoever it is and goes to his desk to get all the test papers to give out to us. All the boys and girls in the class groan. Everyone, including me, hates math tests.

Peter Anderson raises his hand to which the math teacher rolls his eyes at. "Yes, Mr. Anderson?" Mr. McKay asks.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Peter Anderson asks.

"Nice try! You're not getting out of this. You just came from the bathroom." Mr. McKay says.

"Anyone wanna help me give out the test papers?" Mr. McKay asks the class. Every girl in the class raises their hands but me. "How about...Laura?"

Laura, the "mean" girl of the school, gets up very confidently and goes to the front of the class to get the papers to pass out. "Thanks, Mr. McKay!" She says as she gets the papers from his hands and starts with the kids at the front of the class.

Me and Amy are at the back of the class. She always wants to sit near Peter Anderson, who's sitting at the front row, but I beg her to sit with me at the back. She can't say no to me, ever.

Laura gives everyone a paper in the front and now moves on to the next row.

Finally as time goes on, and she has gave everyone a paper but the back row. She moves on to me and Amy. she gives us rude looks and I smile back. She snaps her eyes to Amy.

She gives Amy a paper then finally gives me one, but before...she rips one of the corners of the paper and then finally gives me it.

I roll my eyes as she walks back to her seat.

"Everyone can begin." Mr. McKay says to us and we all start.

*

The test is finally over after an hour. Amy gets up and pulls me up with her.

"So..." she says and looks at her feet. She does that when she's nervous.

"Yes?" I ask nicely.

"I have something to tell you." She says and we walk to our lockers.

"Spit it out!" I say and she laughs.

"I have a... boyfriend." She says, finally.

"You have a boyfriend?" I ask, not buying it. "For sure?"

"Yes!" She says and laughs. "We actually started dating yesterday." She opens her locker and I can tell she's very happy. We both put our stuff away in our lockers.