"...Yes, who's this?"

"My name's Kellin Quinn, my mom talked to you about visiting your son Vic?" Kellin explained, hoping the last name would ring a bell.

"Oh, yeah I remember. Is something wrong?"

"Well, yeah. Vic had a panic attack at the theaters early today. I helped him calm down, but then I found out he's not on medication..."

"Vic doesn't need a prescription." Mrs. Fuentes testified.

"Actually he does. Schizophrenia just gets worse with age without medication. Do you realize he doesn't know what's real and what isn't anymore? He thinks I'm a hallucination, Mrs. Fuentes." Kellin spoke harshly, but at the same time calmly. He was conflicted with how he wanted to speak.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not giving my son harmful medication."

"It's not harmful, what's harmful is your son freaking out and wanting to kill himself." Kellin blurted out. He shouldn't have said that. Kellin had no clue if Vic wanted to die or not, but he was right. Vic did want to die. 

Vic wouldn't want to take medication either because he thinks he's normal, but he's not. Vic is far from normal. 

"He wants to kill himself?" Mrs. Fuentes whispered into the phone. Kellin felt apologetic for saying something on which he had no right to know about.

"I shouldn't have said that, I don't know if he does. I'm just saying, it could get to a point like that or much worse if you leave him unattended." Kellin explained calmly, hoping he didn't upset her too much.

"...Okay, I'll get ahold of the doctors sometime this week." Mrs. Fuentes agreed, finally coming to her senses. Kellin smiled slyly.

"Thank you." 

"No, thank you." She replied before Kellin heard the dial tone and hung up as well. With an accomplished smile, Kellin returned to the office and placed Mrs. Fuentes's number on the desk before hurrying into his room.

Kellin sat in his room for quite a while, just thinking everything through. He knew Vic was going to object to taking any sort of medicine. Curiosity got the best of Kellin and he had found himself learning more and more about schizophrenia. It was interesting to learn about the disorder, but it also hurt Kellin to learn what Vic's going through. For once, Kellin felt empathy. He actually was starting to care for someone else.

"Kellin, your dad wants to talk to you!" Kellin's mom yelled from the corridor. With a sigh, Kellin quit researching Schizophrenia and hurried down the stairs to the living room. His dad was by the door, taking off his coat. With a sly smile, he nodded for Kellin to follow him into the office. They took a seat beside one another before his dad began to speak.

"You need to move out." His father got to the point. Kellin huffed more to himself than anyone else.

"You've said that-"

"A million times, I know." He interrupted. "I found an apartment complex not too far from here that I'm going to rent for you. I want you to move in, get settled, and find a job."

"But-"

"No but's, you're moving in next week." His dad interrupted yet again before standing up and exiting the room, leaving Kellin all alone. He didn't want to move, and he certainly didn't want to start working. He's never worked in his entire life. Secretly, deep down inside, Kellin knew he shouldn't still be at home, and he shouldn't be unemployed. If anything, he should've gone to college.

The rest of the day dragged on for Kellin as it did for Vic who did nothing but watch TV and refuse to eat the dinner that was brought to him. Without Kellin there, everything felt like a routine. In Vic's head, nothing mattered anymore except for when Kellin appeared. He was the reason everything was different. 

Kellin thought that seeing Vic so often was actually helping, and it was to a certain extent, but it was also hurting Vic. He wanted to do absolutely nothing. He didn't want to eat, sleep, or talk because it was a bad routine to him.

Kellin was the good routine.