Chapter 18: Intruders! Part 2

Začít od začátku

Rei was frightened at the scene, Mitsui had already started attacking the members. It was just terrifying to watch. Ayako screamed for Miyagi's name but she could not move when her wrist was grabbed by Rei, shaking her head 'no'.

"Take care of that guy!" Mitsui ordered his ally as he pointed at Rukawa's direction. The slanted eye male looked at Rukawa and as their eyes met, he lifted his fingers and motioned it to come closer.

Miyagi continued to beg while holding his stomach, only to get grabbed by the hair and and got headbutted to the mouth by Mitsui before punching him in the same spot again.

Blood started to taint the wooden floors, Miyagi held on to his wounded mouth when his blood trickled down to the floor. With Miyagi in the floor, Sakuragi had no one to restrain him and  confrnted Mitsui again with anger, "Stop!! She-male!"

"Hehehe.. Who's a she-male? You said it, Ryota... If the basketball team is banned from competition because of you... That would be just too bad... Ryota!" His raving smile with incomplete teeth shivered Rei to her skin.

Now she understands, Mitsui came here to band the team from the competition by giving them a bloody fight. Rukawa has already attacked but right now no one else saw it. Haruko and her friends were there but she knew they wouldn't tell a fly but the stakes are still high.

They are in the school gym, one peek from the students and it's all over for us, and what's worse, the team could be disbanded. Just from the thought made Rei sweat and her heart beat fastened, and she wasn't the only one who thought of it as well.

"Your teeth haven't fallen out yet! Ah... my hand hurts!" Mitsui hissed at his aching knuckles. Miyagi was still held by Nori on his hair.

Steel came back in with a mop from the storage room, he handed it to Mitsui. Pointing to the metal rims of the mop that held the synthetic fibers, Steel said. "Use this."

Mitsui let out a wicked smile when the idea popped on his mind, "Now I see!" 

His arms went back slowly while the metal shined from the lights. Rei held her breath as she slowly stepped forward to their direction 'Wait.. Is he really gonna do it?'

He motioned his arms to Miyagi's direction.

"Stop... STOP IT!" Rei yelled and begged but she stopped when Sakuragi gripped on the wooden rod of the mop and Rukawa gripped on Nori's wrist.

"Don't overstep you bastard!" Sakuragi hissed.

Rei watched the two boys who stopped the attack. Mitsui got surprised and his eyebrows furrowed in irritation, "You don't care about what happens to the basketball team?! It's disbandment!!"

"SHUT UP! This sort of thing, I naturally have a way to COVER IT UP!" Sakuragi snapped the wooden mop in two and Rukawa also muttered a word with his eyes glaring at his enemy, "Hide the evidence."

"You're all going at it now!? Today will be the end of the basketball team!!" 

"You think you'll defeat us by numbers?! I'handle this mysel! But first of all get your dirty shoes off the court!!"

Sakuragi said he will take them all out by himself but he shouldn't say such things but his anger was still understandable. 

"Wipe it!" 

Rukawa held out the ball with a burnt mark that Mitsui and his friend marked, but instead of doing so he spat on it instead. This grew concern to Sakuragi, this crude behavior is just too much for him to handle.

"I'll f*cking kill you!!" His violent reaction had to be stopped before things get any worse but luckily, Yasuda-san was quick enough to wrap his arms around Sakuragi's waist, not letting him take another step. Calming him down from the temper, Yasuda stepped up and faced the delinquents with what courage he had gathered from his self.

"What do you want?" Mitsui asked with annoyance in his voice.

"Umm.. Just as I'm begging you.. Please stop this.. It's almost near the tournament. This year we have many new comers, and Ryota's back...  Maybe we'll have a chance this year.. To win the nationals.."

He lowered his head down with sadness in his words, "If we get restricted from entering the game at this time of the year.. Please, I'm begging you to stop this! I beg you!"

Silence occurred for a while, Rei felt his words and hoped that it was enough for Mitsui to be empathetic for them, however,

"Hmph.. I never realized you had this much courage.."

Without second thoughts, Mitsui threw a heavy fist, hitting Yasuda on the face. "Too bad you're such an idiot!!"