Chapter 19 Seth's Persuit

Start from the beginning

As Seth approached her, he placed his hand on her shoulder. She quickly swatted it off, and this caused the latter to smirk.

"You have a fiery personality, sister. It's very amusing," he added, complimenting Diana and mocking her.

In response, Diana pushed Seth to the wall with all her force. When he collided with the wall, he fell to the ground. She didn't give him an inch as he stood up. She stretched her hand toward him and released a wine-purple beam where he was. Once the beam touched him, it coated him, enabling her to levitate him as she pleased. 

She bound him against the wall with her levitation as he could not move. He groaned after the attack. He fidgeted, but to no avail; he couldn't break free.

"Impressive, sister. You're not as weak as you pretend to be," he said, complimenting her prowess.

Then his flesh began to wither because her beam coated him, and her beam could deteriorate matter that it touched.

"You've got about ten seconds until you die, so... I'd suggest you start talking," she stated.

"Gah! You and I can convince our other siblings to join us in my... Our conquest!!! And avenge our father," Seth stated as the flesh on the left side of his face began to peel off. If he didn't do something to stop her, more of his tissues would suffer the same fate and later release a vile odor.

"Why the hell would I do that? Sam told us not to trust you," Diana said.

"Hehe... Sam's too held back by his twisted sense of morality and the fear of the fact that he acknowledges that all of you are stronger than him," he added.

"You are saying a bunch of crap, my friend. Sam was the one that brought us together... There's no reason why he could be afraid of us," she answered dubiously.

"...And why does he want all of you to act like humans? Knowing you could rule this puny backwater world and become gods to these so-called humans with your abilities." Seth continued.

Diana looked at the floor with detest; deep down, she knew that Seth was correct. After all, Sam never had to struggle to attain his wealth. Wealth was the one that found him through his affluent and renowned parents in the science world. He always had this "perfect" life while she, Harrison, and Dan had to suffer to achieve their goals. Diana looked back at Seth with tears streaming down her face, and she gritted her teeth like a caged animal because she wanted Codex to feel her searing pain. After all, she wouldn't suffer, and her eyes were burning with rage.

Seth smirked because he had accomplished his mission; to fan the innate fire of rage that burned inside her, especially after discovering her interstellar origins.

"So sister... What do we do?" He inquired, knowing very well what her answer would be, but he just wanted to gratify himself and hear her say it.

"We get our siblings. And we burn Codex to the motherfucken ground," She snarled.  

************

Daybreak visited New York City's dwellers once again. The loud, petulant car honks filled the streets as cars moved from one place to another. The cold morning breeze greeted the New Yorkers; they were wearing coats and oversized jerseys as they pottered to their workstations. They bought coffee beverages and breakfast from nearby shops and street vendors to keep warm.

At Austin Industries, Sam was in his office and going through copious paperwork. After some time, he fell back on his chair, stretched his arms, and yawned. He looked across his table and saw a picture of him and his Earth father, Anthony. This was at a time when he was still a child. Anthony wrapped his arm around Sam's head and gave him a noggie as the two smiled at the camera.