Chapter One

Greenland's (Tori's) POV

"GREEEEEEEENLAND"

I turned off the kettle where I was making my tea in.

"GREENLAND!!! HURRY UP ITS FREAKING COLD OUT HERE!"

I sighed as I walked to the front door. I opened it and was shoved to the side as a shivering Jamaican friend of mine pushed through the door and slammed the door shut.

"Hello Jamaica. Please come in." I said sarcastically of course.

After she was done dusting herself off from snow, she turned and smiled at me while bringing me into a warm embrace.

"Greenland! Why do you have to be the coldest country in the world?!"

I rolled my eyes and returned the hug.

"You do know you're not so hot yourself."

"Yeah but I'm Jamaica! I'm tropical! I may not be the hottest country in the world but that doesn't mean I'm not hot!" She winked.

I rolled my eyes again before going back to the kitchen. I returned with two cups of tea and a plate of homemade cookies (one of my bff's @ hetalia_roxs many talents is baking! :3).

She thanked me before taking the cup and one cookie before sitting down in the kitchen chair.

"Not to be rude Jamaica but what brings you all the way up North?"

She put the cup down and smiled at me.

" America invited me on a date."

"And?" I asked raising my brow.

"You know who is coming with." she wiggled her eyebrows.

I knew exactly who she meant. He has been my crush ever since I've become a country.

"What makes you think I want to go? You know how awkward I get when I'm around him." I said.

"Oh come on Greeny! Don't be such a wet blanket! I will be with you the whole time and I will do most of the talking okay?" She put her hands together in a begging motion.

"Besides. I don't want Prussia to be a third wheel on the date!"

She had a point. besides, I was actually looking forward into talking to the Prussian soon.

I stood there silent for a minute as Jamaica kept pulling my arm before giving in.

"Alright! I'll go! Jesus Christ."

As soon as I said that she pulled me into a death hug.

"THANK YOU! Remember to wear something fancy but not too flashy!"

As soon as she said that she was gone. I sighed as I took her empty cup and put it in the sink.

Well, I thought to myself, here goes nothin' that's really somethin'.