32 - Through the Night

- Sunni PoV -

"I'll find a way to come up with evidence, if anything I'll be sure to get money for you," Mrs. Yang says as she starts to get up to leave with Jungwon's halmeoni.

The doctor allowed us to be in the same room together as long as we weren't too disruptive to the other patients.

We've been talking about the lawsuit Mrs. Yang is planning to do on Mr. Yang. She's not only going to divorce him, but she's going to help my mom take legal action.

I'm glad my mom agreed since it was literally attempted murder!

"They did arrest the guy who was controlling the truck that day, but he's not spilling anything," Ms. Go informs.

I let out a disappointed sigh. If only we had someone like Vincenzo...

"Jinyoung, tell your assistant to give me the visitation times," Jungwon's halmeoni requests. "I think I can crack through that criminals skull."

"Mom, what is an old lady like you going to do?" Jinyoung questions.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve," She smirks.

"Let me come with you," my halmeoni says.

"Halmeoni!" I look at her wide eyed.

"Two old ladies can sure do some damage," Halmeoni wiggles her eyebrows.

"You know it!" Jungwon's halmeoni says as they both give each other a high five.

Gosh, are they going to whack the criminal with their visors?

"You two little raisins better not cause anymore trouble," my mom warns. "But thank you... you know I would fight if I wasn't tied down to this hospital bed."

"The doctor said you get to be discharged Monday if all the tests looks good," Ms. Go says making my mom let out a sigh of relief.

I softly smile as everyone gets excited to take down Mr. Yang. I'm surrounded by badass women, I love it. 

"We should get going," Mrs. Yang says. 

We say our goodbyes, and I notice the halmeoni's exchanging numbers. They seem like they'll be good friends.

"You should go too Sunni," my mom says to me. "Rest up."

"You sure?" I ask her.

"Halmeoni and Ms. Go are going to be here with me," she says. "Besides, you need to practice for that audition of yours."

I look at her shocked. "How did you know?"

"Mrs. Yang told me," she answers. "I'm okay, now go..."

I hesitantly get up from her bed and say my goodbyes. Jungwon was right, our performance did change her perspective... I'm glad.

I leave her room and instantly bump into Yuni.

"Back from your date already?" I ask her.

She nods, "Mhm, Jake had to go train, but it was still amazing. Just looking at him alone makes me smile."

My eyes widen, "Train? For soccer? On a Saturday?"

She furrows her eyebrows, "He quit the soccer team silly... "

I look at her confused.

"He auditioned for BE:LIFT like a little over 2 weeks ago, well it was when we first met. They were holding auditions in our area, and he made it," she smiles proudly.

I wouldn't have thought. Jungwon did say all his friends can sing, but I never thought they would want to be idols too.

"Oh... well, I'm glad you had fun on your date," I say with a smile.