7 - Eyes on You

With Halloween approaching in nearly 2 weeks, me and Yuni still don't have any costume ideas! Well I may have a few, but I haven't talked to Yuni all week. Well... more like she hasn't talked to me...

I feel like a needy girlfriend but it's just so odd for our friendship to not talk everyday. I know it's different since I live on the other side of Seoul now, but still...

"How was your first week of school?" Asks my mom on this fine Sunday. We're in the kitchen as she cleans up breakfast. 

As much as I would love to tell her I was nearly bullied every day by jerkface Daehyun, I rather not put that stress on her.

"It was lovely," I lie. 

She looks at me as if she's not buying it, "Lovely? Never heard that in your vocabulary."

"That's how much I loved it mom," I lie once again. "But me and Jungwon are friends!" 

She gives me another non-convincing look, "Do you mean you're friends with Jungwon or that Jungwon is actually friends with you?"

I groan, "What's not to like about me? He couldn't resist being friends with the one and only Kim Sunni!"

She shakes her head, "Sunni you can be overbearing and I just find it so hard to believe that Jungwon caved into you..."

"What did Jungwon cave into?" Mrs. Yang suddenly enters the kitchen. Oh here she is, Queen Elizabeth.

I look at her up and down, she can not be over 40 yet she dresses like she's 90...

"Oh I thought you left," says my mom.

"Can't leave without my assistant," Mrs. Yang says getting on her phone. 

"It's Sunday..." My mom says slowly.

Mrs. Yang looks up at her phone, "Obvi.. lets go! I have things to do..." She then clacks her way out the door.

I don't know how my mom deals with her.

My mom takes off her apron, "What are you going to do today? Hang with Yuni?"

I shake my head, "Probably not..."

She raises an eyebrow, "No? Well stop by the bakery, Ms. Go is having a huge bakery sale and can get as much help as she can get."

I nod. I guess that's what I can do with my Sunday. I would bother Jungwon but if I didn't see him yesterday, I don't think I'll see him today. I wonder what he does on the weekends.

My mom looks at me, "here.." she pulls out money from her purse. "Buy something nice for yourself."

I hesitantly grab the money, "Mom... this is literally the first time you've ever given me allowance money." I wrap my arms around my mom.

"Ya.. go be a teenager and waste money on useless stuff," she says smiling at me before walking out the door.

I quickly change into mom jeans and a white turtle neck. I put on my favorite pair of converse and combed out my hair. Lets look cute for a change!

I never go shopping. Only if I desperately need clothes, but we never had money to just go buy things whenever we wanted. I guess this is a huge plus from having mom be Mrs. Yang's assistant. 

I walk by different shops with a thought in my mind. 

What if I save up this money for dance lessons? Wouldn't that be nice? Me and Jungwon can go. Jungwon is already filthy rich so he can go whenever, but me on the other hand...

I walk by this one shop that looks like they sell trendy clothes for men. Having Jungwon be my dance partner, I suddenly feel the urge to get him something.