Chapter 4: Awaiting the Inevitable

It has been a week since the appearance of The Goku in Black, he was a foe unlike anything Son Goku and the Z fighters have ever faced. he was as powerful as he was cruel, thanks to him the dragon balls no longer exist, the Z warriors no longer have access to the hyperbolic time chamber and the Senzu beans are gone.

the Namekians are one of the many races that he has brought to extinction, now their lineage lives on in Piccolo, the last son of Namek.
motivated by their loss the dragon fighters train day and night in hopes of shattering their limits and attaining new levels of strength.

Goku and Vegeta concentrated all their time and energy on training. Bulma built a new and evolved gravity chamber to compensate for the loss of the hyperbolic time chamber, its gravity could surpass thousands of times that of Earth's gravity.

Within the chamber Goku and his rival Vegeta spar in their Super Saiyan 4 forms. They exchanged punches, kicks, and energy blasts.
Despite Vegeta's ferocity Goku still has an edge over him, this angers the Saiyan Prince greatly, but it's nothing he's surprised about. it is as if destiny has decided that he would be second to Goku, but he won't accept that fate, he will defy it and surpass his rival because he alone has that right. he will break his limits and with his strength alone, he will defeat Goku's evil double.

As they spar Vegeta attacks Goku relentlessly with powerful blows, Goku goes on the defensive and says.
"Nice one Vegeta, I can see you've grown stronger, am having a hard time keeping up."
Son Goku compliments his friend who was not flattered.

"Don't give me that Kakarot, I won't fall for that lie anymore, if you're hiding any new transformation, reveal it right now!"

"Gee Vegeta relax, this is my final form."
Son Goku laughs his signature laugh and assures his friend that he's going all out.

The Saiyan Prince scowls and resumes his spar with his rival. At a mountain top, Tien and Chiaotzu practice their techniques, Tien knows that his strength won't make a difference, but it'll give him comfort to grow stronger and contribute in any little way that he can.

At Capsule Corp, Goten, and Trunks practice their fusion, they have perfected their stances and can fuse even faster than before. Krillin doesn't even bother to train, his fighting days are over, and even if he chooses to fight he'll only get in the way, The best thing he can do now is spend as much time as he can with his family, he turns to look at 18 who was whispering and laughing with their daughter. the world could end at any moment yet they find a reason to laugh, it makes him happy to see them happy, He's never doubted Goku's abilities. he knows that the Saiyan will find a way like he always does.

At the Kame house, Master Roshi does what he does best, his nose bleeds, and he laughs whilst reading some dirty magazines and playing with himself.

Goku Black's visit caused the timeline to diverge. Some things that were meant to happen did not, Piccolo for example is still alive, and thus the Black Star Dragon balls still exist, As the Namekian trains with his student Gohan, they learn new techniques and fighting styles, During their training, Piccolo attacks Gohan who could barely put up a fight, he's kicked to the floor by the Namekian who looms over him and folds his arms.
"Domestic life has made you soft Gohan, It's time I spank you back into shape."

The Saiyan half-breed staggers to his feet, he knows his master is right, he has neglected his training over the years, he relied on his father's strength too much and forgotten that one day it'll be up to him to protect the world. if he wants to protect his family and everyone, he must surpass his father. the half-breed clenched his fist determined as he said.
"I won't disappoint you, Mr Piccolo."

Hearing the resolve in his student's voice brought a smile to the Namekian's stoic face, but he must test just how much that resolve was worth, so without a warning, he yelled.
"DODGE!"
and shoots an energy blast towards Gohan who's caught off guard.